Video problem

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
scrollmanmike

Video problem

Post by scrollmanmike »

Hi everyone:
I ran into a serious problem yesterday. I did a major Windows 10 update and my graphics went nuts. If I try to use my video card my desktoop is bsically unreadable. Last night when I was supposed to be sleeping I wondered if maybe it ws the card or if windows had deleted my driver. I hooked my monitor to the onboard video and everything works fine except Links. I think it is looking for the video card and can't find it so it won't start. Is there any way I can use the onboard video without uninstalling and reinstalling Links? When the isolation thing is over I will buy a new card and try that but in the meantime I cannot play.Thanks to any or everyone who answers.
Danny D

Re: Video problem

Post by Danny D »

scrollmanmike wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:03 pm Hi everyone:
I ran into a serious problem yesterday. I did a major Windows 10 update and my graphics went nuts. If I try to use my video card my desktoop is bsically unreadable. Last night when I was supposed to be sleeping I wondered if maybe it ws the card or if windows had deleted my driver. I hooked my monitor to the onboard video and everything works fine except Links. I think it is looking for the video card and can't find it so it won't start. Is there any way I can use the onboard video without uninstalling and reinstalling Links? When the isolation thing is over I will buy a new card and try that but in the meantime I cannot play.Thanks to any or everyone who answers.
Hi Mike...

There are several solutions to make Links run on Windows 10. To get started, you need to post your computer hardware and specs. Motherboard, video card, etc...

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
RobV

Post by RobV »

First things first, make sure you have the proper video driving with Win10 support. I would start with that and see how it goes.
scrollmanmike

Post by scrollmanmike »

Hi again:
I don't know how to explain this but my system decided to fix the problem itself. Links is no longer trying to use my graphics card but is using AMD Radeion R7 grraphics. I am not sure but I think this must be the built in graphics on my motherboard. All is well for the time being. After we are allowed to go shopping again I will purchase a new graphics card and carry on from there. Thank you for your answers and suggestions. In the meantime: STAY SAFE AND TAKECARE,
Mike