New Member...Getting Back into Links

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
snavarro717

New Member...Getting Back into Links

Post by snavarro717 »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Steve and I am getting back into the game after a few years off and happy to see that this community is still active and producing amazing courses to play. I first picked up this game in 1993 with a floppy disk of Links 386 (which I still have) that came with Harbour Town Golf Links. I have been playing on and off for the last 27 years and happy to be back once again.

I just wanted to say thank you to this community for the wealth of knowledge that is shared here. I was having difficulty installing Links 2003 on a Windows 10 machine and found all of the technical resources that I needed to up and running smoothly.

Cheers to all and thank you for keeping this game alive!

Steve
Andy
Site Admin

Re: New Member...Getting Back into Links

Post by Andy »

Welcome to Links Corner Steve. :yes:
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

snavarro717 wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:18 am Hi everyone,

I wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Steve and I am getting back into the game after a few years off and happy to see that this community is still active and producing amazing courses to play. I first picked up this game in 1993 with a floppy disk of Links 386 (which I still have) that came with Harbour Town Golf Links. I have been playing on and off for the last 27 years and happy to be back once again.

I just wanted to say thank you to this community for the wealth of knowledge that is shared here. I was having difficulty installing Links 2003 on a Windows 10 machine and found all of the technical resources that I needed to up and running smoothly.

Cheers to all and thank you for keeping this game alive!

Steve
Welcome back Steve. From the description of your past Links history I would say you are in the right crowd. What part of the world are you from? Southeastern Missouri, USA here...

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
snavarro717

Post by snavarro717 »

Thank you Andy and Dan.

@Dan - I am currently living in Tacoma, WA. Not far from Chambers Bay, site of the 2015 US Open. One course that I would love to see released here!

Steve
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Welcome back, good to see :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Chambers Bay is on my to do list......anyone else thinking about attempting it...?????? If so I will bow out.

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: March 29th, 2020, 10:47 am Chambers Bay is on my to do list......anyone else thinking about attempting it...?????? If so I will bow out.

Lots of elevation tweaks, but at least it's displayed in 3D on Google Earth. I liked the course. No trees. Lots of rock outcroppings. :thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
snavarro717

Post by snavarro717 »

sagevanni wrote: March 29th, 2020, 10:47 am Chambers Bay is on my to do list......anyone else thinking about attempting it...?????? If so I will bow out.

Sage, that would amazing. I love your work. If you decide to go for it, please let me know if I can help in any way. I am not a designer but live only a couple of miles away. I could get photos if needed of structures, "Lone Fir", the only tree on the course, or offer any insights or nuances one can only get from walking the course.

Steve
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Steve.......I'll be in touch.......You can email me any time.....

sagevanni2010@hotmail.com

If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
snavarro717

Post by snavarro717 »

sagevanni wrote: March 29th, 2020, 3:51 pm Thanks Steve.......I'll be in touch.......You can email me any time.....

sagevanni2010@hotmail.com

Thank you Sage. I'm looking forward to it. My email is steven.navarro@comcast.net