They were different times...

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

They were different times...

Post by Still Linksing »

...when you actually bothered to try and make things look good!

Ok...I'll admit...I only ever created this one custom case because it took too long to do but hey, it's fun to find it again to look back on! :laugh:

1.jpg
1.jpg (325.11 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (344.04 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (331.4 KiB) Viewed 2135 times
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Adelade

Re: They were different times...

Post by Adelade »

Dang that is rather gorgeous if I may say so. What year was it? And if you used an image editor, do you remember its name?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Still Linksing

Re: They were different times...

Post by Still Linksing »

Adelade wrote: February 8th, 2020, 10:05 am Dang that is rather gorgeous if I may say so. What year was it? And if you used an image editor, do you remember its name?
It would've been maybe 2001 I would guess. I likely used Photoshop CS2 back then. Today you could really go crazy and make some great covers if you spent the time but no one uses CD's any longer. :laugh:

I kinda wish I kept it up at least for Links 2001. Would've been nice to have a bunch of CD covers to look through and see what courses, holes and viewpoints I picked. It was just too much messing around getting appropriate screens etc to put them together into a CD cover. Back then we were all busy enough making time to play the game as it was in it's prime and courses were coming out at a rapid rate.

Between playing Links 2001, downloading and testing new courses and this forum there was no time for things like fancy covers. Burn to CD, mark the CD with a pen or marker, done!
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse