Links Corner 20th Anniversary!

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Danny D

Re: Links Corner 20th Anniversary!

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:50 am And here, the early days. I just clicked some random dates. You can see a little of the site and webboard if you click on it as well. They weren't forums back in those days. :laugh:

You can also see the transition between forum software in the links.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010119180 ... orner.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20020220105 ... orner.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20040321110 ... orner.com/
That was cool as hell. I found my name on the course list back in 2002. I became a member back in 2001 when I uploaded my first APCD creation, Golfcom Tees. From the looks of my ANI on the splash picture, think I used the 1st version of the APCD that came with Links 2001. I discovered at that time just how time consuming the APCD was, and vowed that if I ever make it to retirement, I would make a serious attempt at making a better course. That was in 2001. I retired in 2014. I lost my original log-in credentials from when I originally signed up with LC Forums. Since I couldn't get more involved, I never came back to the forums for all those years. But I downloaded all the new courses as they came out.

:cheers1: All!
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Editing this post. I managed to get into some old topics including some of my own. Can't repeat it unfortunately. :dunno:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

Spring of 2000 - and Ian Downs was one of the founding members of LC.
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I used that waybackmachine thing a few years ago for something but I dont remember getting much use out it, for example I didnt think it saved much besides the occasional main pages for the biggest sites. Its cool to see how much you can actually view and click around :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

BruMu wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 11:26 am Spring of 2000 - and Ian Downs was one of the founding members of LC.
Yes, LC placard page would've been there in Spring and the opening at July 1st, I'm almost certain.
And yes, Ian Downs was there from the beginning but it was Chris Blanchards site.
Ian Downs was Chris's sidekick until Chris left LC in IanD's hands quite early on and IanD then took LC over for a very long period.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse