Who owns the Links series today?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

Re: Who owns the Links series today?

Post by Still Linksing »

Gowoods wrote: January 20th, 2020, 4:29 am
Slattery wrote: January 19th, 2020, 10:52 pm If Mark does read these forums, hopefully he will be able to reply to all these questions and solve the mystery!
Mystery ? :rofl: - Who Cares - The Game is 17 Years Old - It's Glory Days Are Long Gone.
I hope you are reading the angry posts below yours???
I have no sympathy for you. lol

Now, the Links LS series. 2000 and earlier appear dead to any modern machine running Win 10.
Links 2003 is still ok but there can be problems for many people depending on the hardware they have.

Rehit and others made attempts to take Links 2003 beyond the 1.07 patch but failed.
That was long ago and it was the wrong time. Today, we are in the era of old game resurrection.
There are multiple avenues that could be explored to bring the original Links series back to life.
First you need to know who owns the thing!

I'm asking here regarding ownership as I'm sure there are other ways to find out but that almost certainly will take far more work than typing a question in a forum post.

I would ultimately love to see Links LS 2000 and Links 2003 brought up to full and complete compatibility with a modern system.
Icing on the cake would be new enhancements and/or features.
I'm intending on playing this game till the end comes! :laugh:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse