URGENT!!! READ NOW!!!

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

URGENT!!! READ NOW!!!

Post by Still Linksing »

Microsoft are releasing a new flight sim for the first time since 2006.
A thread has popped up at one of the flight sim sites requesting a new Links version.
Microsoft are reading that flight sim forum!
It would be great if people can create an account there and post to show MS interest as they will see the Links thread.

Microsoft are bound to read your post as long as the flight sim site doesn't remove the thread for being off topic!
Get in fast and it will:

1. Get a message to MS that we want a new Links.
2. Put pressure on AVSIM to not delete the thread.

Topic here!

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5659 ... -golf-sim/
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Blade

Re: URGENT!!! READ NOW!!!

Post by Blade »

Except Microsoft no longer own Links, At the end of 2004, Microsoft sold Indie Built (formerly Access Software) to Take-Two Interactive,Indie Built was later shut down in 2006.. So absolutely no point posting anything to your Link.

Cheers
David
kunrod3

Post by kunrod3 »

... and Microsoft doesn't have enough money to buy it back!! ... darn it!! :sad:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Gowoods wrote: November 19th, 2019, 1:07 pm Except Microsoft no longer own Links, At the end of 2004, Microsoft sold Indie Built (formerly Access Software) to Take-Two Interactive,Indie Built was later shut down in 2006.. So absolutely no point posting anything to your Link.

Cheers
David
I know that. A new Links today would need to be built from the ground up. Microsoft are the ones to do it. They don’t need to own the old franchise. The name would simply need to be changed. It would be Links by Microsoft under a new name.
It wouldn’t be any different if they owned it or not apart from the name the new title would have to be.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Should mention, they have been very open with the new flight sim and it looks like it will be a big seller. A little nudge and they might be quite prepared to gamble on bringing back another old game. A golf game, a new Links would be an obvious choice as the market is lacking.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

And another thing, they are throwing 200+ people on the new flight sim. This wouldn’t be a half attempt at a golf sim like the current modern titles, it would be Links! To get it there we need to make noise.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

And one more thing, we can’t rely on Links 2003 to keep working forever, especially under Win 10. This is an opportunity to secure a golf sim for many years to come. All it takes is adding a post or 2 to the thread.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote: November 19th, 2019, 5:21 pm And one more thing, we can’t rely on Links 2003 to keep working forever, especially under Win 10. This is an opportunity to secure a golf sim for many years to come. All it takes is adding a post or 2 to the thread.
I did my part. :thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Danny D wrote: November 20th, 2019, 3:38 am
Still Linksing wrote: November 19th, 2019, 5:21 pm And one more thing, we can’t rely on Links 2003 to keep working forever, especially under Win 10. This is an opportunity to secure a golf sim for many years to come. All it takes is adding a post or 2 to the thread.
I did my part. :thumbup:
Thanks Danny.
There was another game I remember from one such thread as the Links thread that got an entire reboot after it made the developers think.
I'm just making people aware there is a potential opportunity here.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

How do you post on that site. I wrote a post, but got stuck @ the sign up. Could not enter a correct "Display Name" What am I supposed to enter there? Tried everything I could think of, from real name to all my other Avatar names and finally My Monitor (Display) name. No Luck. :sad:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile: