Downloading courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Tony

Downloading courses

Post by Tony »

Hi,
I have had Links from the start on my old vista laptop and was able to download the free courses, go to add courses in the game and then play them with know problem.
I have recently purchased the game onto my main tower computer (windows 10) but when I download the courses it arrives as a zip file and I cannot find them in the add courses in the game.
I have limited computer knowledge, so its a bit of a challenge anyway, but have tried extracting the files etc with know luck!
Please can anyone help?
Plus my Intel graphics card doesn't show the game properly so can anyone recommend a graphics card that will work best for links golf.
I am not a gamer otherwise so don't need one that's to powerful and expensive.
I look forward to hearing some possible solutions.
kind regards.
Tony.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Downloading courses

Post by Andy »

Tony wrote: November 16th, 2019, 6:08 am
I have recently purchased the game onto my main tower computer (windows 10) but when I download the courses it arrives as a zip file and I cannot find them in the add courses in the game.
The zip files need to be uncompressed to get the course (CRZ) file. Using Windows Explorer, find the zip file(s) which will probably be in your Downloads folder. Double click the zipfile and Windows will uncompress it and you will see the .CRZ file. You can then move this to wherever you want and then use Links to add the course.
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!
pmgolf

Re: Downloading courses

Post by pmgolf »

Tony, to help Links run better, right-click on the Links2003 icon and select "Properties". When the Properties window opens, click the "Compatibility" tab and select Compatibility Mode and Run as Administrator:
s_009.jpg
s_009.jpg (54.68 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
If you're still having problems, run the nVidia patch. More problems? Describe them.

Pete