A T & T

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Jimbo

A T & T

Post by Jimbo »

This kind of brings back memories of 2009. My wife I were driving from Vancouver to LA to meet an old friend. We spent a rainy Sunday night in San Francisco...the Sunday round at Pebble Beach had been rained out but Monday was sunny so we thought we might be able to get a good luck at the course.
First of all it's a gated community so you have to pay an entry fee to get into the neighbourhood..
We spent a wonderful afternoon in the snack bar overlooking the 18th hole...watching the course crew and their squeegees. :oops:

Luckily we were able to see the pros at Riviera the following weekend.

But on the bright side Jim Nantz can sleep in his own bed instead of staying at his Buffalo condo!😁
Jimbo

Re: A T & T

Post by Jimbo »

OMG! THERE'S A BALLOON OVER PEBBLE BEACH!!!
John B

Post by John B »

Jimbo wrote: February 5th, 2023, 8:35 pm OMG! THERE'S A BALLOON OVER PEBBLE BEACH!!!
That was probably just John Daly hang gliding over the bay.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

:clapping:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

China spying on and trying to steal the venerable secrets of American golf course design! :scared: :fear: Now thats just crossing a line! :laugh:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Adelade wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:46 pm China spying on and trying to steal the venerable secrets of American golf course design! :scared: :fear: Now thats just crossing a line! :laugh:
Mao decreed in 1949 that golf was an elitist decadent game. He died in 1976. By internet search see that AP designed a course there in 1989 and Nicklaus has done a few. Looking in on Nicklaus site I see a couple were named Pine Valley and Shadow Creek.
https://www.nicklausdesign.com/2013/11/ ... lub-china/
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

I've always had terrible luck with china. I drop it. It breaks! :oops: :smile: :smile:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile: