Jon Weinrieb - ??

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Jon Weinrieb - ??

Post by morvio100 »

Hi ...anybody know if Jon Weinrieb is still designing...or contactable, just finished a round on his Magnificent Old Cypress East....need more courses of that caliber :dunno:
Weeler

Re: Jon Weinrieb - ??

Post by Weeler »

morvio: I'm not sure if Jon is still out there designing.....but just in case you don't already have it downloaded....I would highly recommend his design
"The Links at Ballylecum Castle", which is a very detailed and beautifully rendered "Links" style course probably set in Scotland. If you use the "Carnoustie Sky", or something like it, you will have an enjoyable round ( at least visually ), I almost guarantee it.

Ron
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

dl'd it many moons ago....your right....it is a stunning course....hope some current designers learn from his work ....only 3 courses....old cypress being ...his Masterpiece.....the bunkers on old cypress...masterful artistry.....on par with Bethpage 06
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

As far as I'm aware, Jon is still practicing law in Raleigh, North Carolina. I sent an email a while back thanking him for his designs. :thumbup:
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

Ballylecum has a fantastic 3D castle you can play into - no idea why anyone would want to do that to be honest, but I have trouble getting a wall to stand up straight using the APCD, so I am astonished by the way some people can build these things... And Quidnet is the course that really made Links for me. It is SUCH a fun, interesting, challenging course to play! I doubt he will read this, but thank you Jon. You have given me literally hundreds of hours of pleasure!