Links no good on Win 11

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Boot

Links no good on Win 11

Post by Boot »

I installed Win 11 a couple of weeks ago. Links still works but the beautiful and sharp textures I had are gone. The driver settings that worked in the past to make the game look great no longer function the same. The game is still playable and looks ok but nothing like what it did. Just letting everyone here know because from all the recent posts it does appear from this point on Windows is going to cause people all sorts of problems. I can at least still play the game. Some can't even start it and I'm confident it is not user error. Best of luck folks for when it comes time to move on with your system and Windows.
Daniel

Re: Links no good on Win 11

Post by Daniel »

Links works fine on Windows 11. If you are having problems with your graphics try altering the DPI settings. Go to properties and compatibility mode then try the DPI settings by ticking the boxes and see what happens.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Boot wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 7:56 am I installed Win 11 a couple of weeks ago. Links still works but the beautiful and sharp textures I had are gone. The driver settings that worked in the past to make the game look great no longer function the same. The game is still playable and looks ok but nothing like what it did. Just letting everyone here know because from all the recent posts it does appear from this point on Windows is going to cause people all sorts of problems. I can at least still play the game. Some can't even start it and I'm confident it is not user error. Best of luck folks for when it comes time to move on with your system and Windows.
What else changed besides W11? New pc? Video card? Why did you install Win 11?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Boot

Post by Boot »

Daniel wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 9:33 am Links works fine on Windows 11. If you are having problems with your graphics try altering the DPI settings. Go to properties and compatibility mode then try the DPI settings by ticking the boxes and see what happens.
My settings are all fine. Links works fine but the texture filtering is nowhere near as good as it was. The filtering is 100% working just the effect is less. The really crisp textures are gone. I have it at 16x but everything is still soft even at this setting.
GoBucks wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 12:09 pm What else changed besides W11? New pc? Video card? Why did you install Win 11?
Nothing has changed. I had to install because I run other software and requirements keep moving forward. I could've stayed with Win 10 longer but it would've only been a matter of time before I'd have to go with Win 11.

People are not seeing these problems as they are running old software, old hardware or using Win 10. I've been keeping an eye on the forums before upgrading. No one is yet running this game successfully running with a new computer, new software and Win 11.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Boot wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 1:26 pm
People are not seeing these problems as they are running old software, old hardware or using Win 10. I've been keeping an eye on the forums before upgrading. No one is yet running this game successfully running with a new computer, new software and Win 11.
I re-familiarized myself with your other post referencing some site.

Did you ever find that site, and have we ever defined "new computer, new software and Win11"?

To say that "no one is yet running this game successfully" is a pretty broad statement without knowing what your criteria is.

Original post: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 100#p16100
No matter where you go, there you are.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Are you able to show a screenshot?

Are you using an Nvidia card and Nvidia Control Panel - or something else?

When you say you have it at 16x - which exact one of the settings is it that you're referring to?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Titus

Post by Titus »

I think, he means this - Nvidia drivers 3D-Settings
Anisotrope Filterung.JPG
Anisotrope Filterung.JPG (103.76 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I will ask again have you altered the DPI settings. Go to properties from the Links Icon then compatability mode and check the DPI boxes and see if this alters your graphics.
chad

Post by chad »

Make sure to check your resolution settings in the Nvidia Control Panel. If you are using HDMI cables with HD monitors, the Output Dynamic range needs to be set to Full -
Attachments
Res.jpg
Res.jpg (73.71 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
Boot

Post by Boot »

GoBucks wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 4:16 pm
Boot wrote: January 2nd, 2023, 1:26 pm
I re-familiarized myself with your other post referencing some site.

Did you ever find that site, and have we ever defined "new computer, new software and Win11"?

To say that "no one is yet running this game successfully" is a pretty broad statement without knowing what your criteria is.

Original post: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 100#p16100
Because no one is running the game successfully and everything I read on that other site is dead accurate. I have no idea where that post is. Others here appear to also understand. The last post in the thread below is quite clear and I think there were other mentions of the problems in the same thread possibly, I haven't checked.

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 4&start=90

Yes, to everything else. My settings are fine, the game works fine and it displays as it should. The nVidia settings no longer provide the same positive result as they did in the past. This was also one of the things mentioned and correct on the other site. Graphics are different under Win 11 and depending on hardware will depend how the game works for different people. Beyond my ability to replicate or remember all the detailed technical comments. My computer isn't new but under Win 11 I have a working game but it's graphic enhancements through the nVidia control panel have less affect. That's all I am saying. It doesn't look anywhere near as good, not the course textures or the golfer.