New Links Game On Steam ( Links E6 )

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
umanfly2boot

New Links Game On Steam ( Links E6 )

Post by umanfly2boot »

Just saw this on Steam and was wondering whats the word on it ? Anyone ?
Reference :https://store.steampowered.com/app/1620 ... 0of%20golf.
Heres what i found : Its owned by TrueGolf Inc. Who owns Tru Golf?
Microsoft
TruGolf began as a subsidiary of Access Software. In 1999, Access Software was purchased by Microsoft for its expertise in golf software development.
So Looks like they are back in the business again , that is as far as The Links Name is concerned .
Im thinking im late to the party on this one as the forum dates back to 2021 , :dunno: /b]
ChuckH

Re: New Links Game On Steam ( Links E6 )

Post by ChuckH »

Yeah. This game is from some of the Links people. I suppose the good thing about it is that it is free to play on Steam with five courses to play. It has some good graphics and enhancements. But... Here's some of the negatives for me:
1. You have to play it on Steam and I don't like Steam. So..it's not a stand alone game on your computer.
2. You have to have a pretty good computer to run it smoothly.
3. There are only five courses to start. They have three different bundles of courses of five each you can buy so I supposed that's where they make some money.
4. There is no course architect for user design courses.
5. There is no player animation. It's kind of like playing Links2003 with the invisible ani. Part of the fun is having an animation, I think.
6. There is no real time swing but click only. Even the click swing has problems. Check the comments section to see the problems people have with it. I had problems also.
There are some good points but these negitives rule it out for me. Give it a try though and see what you think.
Chuck
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It's hard to fathom a twenty year old videothat has copyright risk potential! :scared: :rofl:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

It is more like its own new thing than a worthy continuation of the Links series. More like a golf simulator turned into a simplistic PC game with the Links name slapped onto it to make people like us excited and curious. The reviews on Steam are pretty horrible if I recall correctly. Be prepared that it will ask you to pay a bunch of microtransactions in order to access most of its content. Im not saying it is completely awful, some people might enjoy it, but it is nowhere near what we wanted from a Links continuation. For me, the simplistic gameplay mechanics are the biggest turnoff.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...