Hard drive failure

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
sagevanni

Hard drive failure

Post by sagevanni »

Hi everyone,
I've had some sort of hard drive boot failure on my main PC. I'm using my backup windows 7 machine right now.
I have no clue to when I'll be back working on courses or if I can recover what I had. Right now I have lost everything.
I was in the process of making a back up of my drive when things went south.......................I had just gotten 2 terabyte SSD drive to do the back up.
I'll see if I can keep you all posted on my progress if any.
I have this comp and access to my email.

Sage....... :rant:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Re: Hard drive failure

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,
Good luck. :fcrossed:
Ian
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Sage try plugging in the failed hard drive into a spare connection on your windows 7 PC if you have one, you maybe able to rescue your files from the drive. I have done this several times over the years I have used a PC
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Hi Sage,

My old laptop died a few months ago. In order to get files off my old hard drive, I purchased one of these. I took the hard drive out of the old computer, plugged it into this, hooked it up to a newer laptop and was able to get my files (which included the course spreadsheet I shared with everyone earlier this year).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08J5S ... UTF8&psc=1

Hope this works for you!

Cheers, ColinC
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Unfortunately I had already tried all the regular windows recovery tools and those wiped my drive before I had the chance to try any recovery tools.
I am starting from scratch.......................Back up and running .
I am now running a nightly backup of my hard drive with a recovery USB stick in case it happens again.
Nothing like getting to start your APCD life over again....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But what fun would life be without all the crap....????

Sage..... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

May the Links gods be with you... :fcrossed: :notworthy:

The Nit-Picker.