Returning to Links

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Cervantes

Re: Returning to Links

Post by Cervantes »

Aelade,

What computer information would you like to know?

Cervantes
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Does it have a dedicated video card, or is it integrated?

I believe that is the most important thing to know.

Do you agree, Adelade?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes »

When I went into check in my Device Manager, under Display Adapter it lists "Intel HD graphics. Hope this helps.
Hoping to get things straightened out, so that in a few weeks I might be able to start playing (badly :tongue: ) in some online tournaments.

Cervantes
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yeah - CPU, GPU/s and Operating system mainly, but other info can help too depending on which problem.
Cervantes wrote: November 20th, 2022, 5:08 pmWhen I went into check in my Device Manager, under Display Adapter it lists "Intel HD graphics. Hope this helps.
I believe that points toward it being an integrated graphics processor, so yes, you probably need the solution mentioned in my last post before this one.
online tournaments
Then you might as well get these two patches already, theyre quick to apply, just place in the main Links folder and then run them.
http://lspn.net/server_switch/LSPN_MAIN_L2K3.exe
http://www.lspn.net/downloads/LSPN_CRASH_FIX.exe
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes »

Operating Sys Windows 10 Home edition, OS Build 19045.2251
CPU Intel Pentium J3710 1.60 GHz
RAM 8.0 gb
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes »

Adelade,

I read your post as you requested, but in that thread, I could not find the location of the graphics download.

Cervantes
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes »

Adelade,

I tried downloading the two files in you last post, but get a message "cannot be downloaded securely". Will not download.

Cervantes
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes »

Found my ssf files - YAY! and got them working.

Getting an error message frequently "Error: Only power of 2 textures up to 1024x1024 supported (8.) 7278879648.TGA and then the game crashes. Any ideas as to why, and how to correct it?

Still getting the missing sky. Would attach a screenhot jpg, but don't know how to do so.

Cervantes
jahmanson

Post by jahmanson »

I am a Links returner as well. It has taken me many years to get Links 2003 to run on my current laptop (Dell Precision M4800 with Intel HD 4600 graphics processor). Using the dgVoodoo graphics wrapper, as suggested earlier in this thread, was THE key thing that has made this possible. All the other stuff you mention such as players, sound files, clubs etc, etc have then been fairly easy to sort out.

I 100% recommend downloading and using the dgVoodoo utility - it really does make a huge difference to getting this 19 year old software to work on more recent computers.
Cervantes

Post by Cervantes »

Where do I find the dgVoodoo graphics wrapper, and how do I install it?

Cervantes