LIV TOUR

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Duck Hook

Re: LIV TOUR

Post by Duck Hook »

GoBucks wrote: November 6th, 2022, 12:09 pm
Duck Hook wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:52 am I would also have to say that anyone who thinks watching Cam, Dustin, Bubba, Phil, Louis, Brooks, Bryson, Joaqin, Leish, Henrik, Poults, Patrick, Lee, Anirban, Abe, Sergio, Troy etc, etc not interesting is kidding themselves.....
:cheers1:
With a statement like that, you seem to leave little room for opposing views.
Why? They are interesting golfers to watch don't you think? :dunno:

As I said, I also enjoy watching certain events on the PGA Tour. There is room for both. I watch for the golf, I don't care where they play or what they win. I just find the whole " if you play with them you can't play with us " line tiring.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Duck Hook wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:12 pm
Duck Hook wrote: November 5th, 2022, 9:52 am I would also have to say that anyone who thinks watching Cam, Dustin, Bubba, Phil, Louis, Brooks, Bryson, Joaqin, Leish, Henrik, Poults, Patrick, Lee, Anirban, Abe, Sergio, Troy etc, etc not interesting is kidding themselves.....

As I said, I also enjoy watching certain events on the PGA Tour. There is room for both. I watch for the golf, I don't care where they play or what they win. I just find the whole " if you play with them you can't play with us " line tiring.
I don't know how you would know what someone was thinking, Duck, much less why they would be thinking it. Maybe you were trying to say - in a roundabout way - that anyone who doesn't think like you and find watching those specific individuals play golf to be interesting is kidding themselves. Well, I like watching a wide variety of people play golf. I am not, however, a fanboy of the LIV Tour. I also don't feel the hatred (anger, dislike - whatever) you feel about the PGA, Masters, and the people involved with those 2 things, and the the other things that seem to get you so tired. I do like playing golf, and playing Links golf.

Pete
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I've never watched LIV. I rarely watch PGA. I really enjoy watching the Majors, but I cant say I always do. Sometimes I watch specific tournaments when its a specific course Im interested in seeing. Anyway, my point is that I dont really know the LIV format. I hear it is team based and 3 rounds. I dont understand whats "tricked up" about 3 rounds instead of 4. 3 rounds sounds fine by me. In fact, I wish PGA tour did it too because then it would be less time consuming to follow a tournament from the start to the end. I agree that 4 rounds might be more "epic", sure, and I can understand if people have a slight preference for it, but are people truly in strong objection of the 3 round format just because it is one round less? That sounds crazy to me. Maybe Im missing something. The team format however, sounds a bit awkward to me. On the one hand, Ryder Cup is amazing. But on the other hand, on a regular basis I believe Id much rather watch individual competition. So am I missing something? Is there something else thats tricked up about the LIV format (in terms of actual golf and competition)?

Anyhow, heres the actual point I wanted to get to: I have absolutely zero interest in watching LIV. Not because those golfers arent worth watching (I agree that they are (at least some of them)), but because it feels so relatively pointless to watch a competition where whoever wins gets to be.... the-best-among-some-of-the-kindof-best as opposed to the-best-of-the-best. It is the exact same reason that makes me so extremely and utterly uninterested in soccer's Europa League - despite me being very interested in Champions League. Europa League is literally a competition between the-best-soccer-clubs-in-europe-except-for-the-16-very-best. Champions League is where the truly best compete. I get why they have Europa League (mostly for the money), but it feels like such a stupid pretender title to compete for.

I understand some are interested in watching LIV and such things just because they like watching the sport being played well and dont necessarily care about crowning the very best, Im just saying, thats not me.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

pmgolf wrote: November 6th, 2022, 10:16 pm
Duck Hook wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:12 pm

I don't know how you would know what someone was thinking, Duck, much less why they would be thinking it. Maybe you were trying to say - in a roundabout way - that anyone who doesn't think like you and find watching those specific individuals play golf to be interesting is kidding themselves. Well, I like watching a wide variety of people play golf. I am not, however, a fanboy of the LIV Tour. I also don't feel the hatred (anger, dislike - whatever) you feel about the PGA, Masters, and the people involved with those 2 things, and the the other things that seem to get you so tired. I do like playing golf, and playing Links golf.

Pete

Hi Pete

I am not going to argue with you. We like different things. If I am a ' fanboy", lol, then so be it. I have no hatred towards the PGA, I admit I am not a fan of elitist clubs like Augusta National and all the pompous carry on surrounding the Masters, well so what? I don't know why this has hit such a raw nerve with you, but if i have offended you then I apologize.

FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Captain Nemo wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 9:58 pm P.S. - Don't forget to check out Fairies Wear Boots. Play it before you go to sleep at night, and your insomnia will be history. Hey! It worked for me. :clapping: :thumbup:
I really like "Planet Caravan" on that album.