sky issues

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Dr golf

sky issues

Post by Dr golf »

Has anyone else experienced sky issues? To be exact, when choosing a different sky, I get a Links 2003 banner across the sky instead of the custom skies. I had to delete the game and reload links 2003 and it is then set at default light blue, no clouds. Have others experienced this? Thank you

Steve
Adelade

Re: sky issues

Post by Adelade »

Yes it has happened for many people. There may or may not be several causes which may or may not require different solutions - I dont fully remember - but I do know that a very common solution is to get the dgV directX wrapper from a sticky thread in the Tech forum section. I cant say whether it is likely to work for you because I dont remember if you've posted any details about which graphics card(s) your computer has. From a different topic, it sounds like you're trying the Nvidia patch, which is a good first step. If that doesnt work, please post which graphic card(s) you have, and maybe what you've tried so far. Did you recently reinstall Links for example? Are the sky files in your Links2003\Skies folder the default ones from a fresh install, or have you copied them from a previous install or added any new ones?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...