Payne Stewart Download Problems

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Dr golf

Payne Stewart Download Problems

Post by Dr golf »

I'm having difficulties downloading Payne Stewart from the Ani page. My file must be corrupted as each time I download it, my computer closes the Links program. I'm writing this to ask if any of you have the ani downloaded successfully and could possibly share with me the link so I may try to download it? I have been trying the Payne Stewart 2008 ani. Thank you

Steve
pmgolf

Re: Payne Stewart Download Problems

Post by pmgolf »

Payne Stewart 2008:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/abhfl54o20gda ... 08.l3?dl=0

You ought to delete your old files.

Enjoy!,
Pete
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

I did Pete, thank you

Steve
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

Deleted my PS files and downloaded the one you sent to no avail. System shut down as soon as I attempted to choose Payne Stewart
Noy sure why it does this. It's only with PS and Lee Trevino. All other work without issue. Thanks anyway

Steve
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Strange. Maybe someone else knows the answer besides don't use the animations that are giving you trouble.

Pete
Dr golf

Post by Dr golf »

Thank you. I use others. Again thank you

Steve
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Dr golf wrote: October 7th, 2022, 7:51 pm Thank you. I use others. Again thank you

Steve
Hi Dr Golf...
This is probably a waste of time, but I find it odd that it happens when you use ANI's with REAL names of actual famous golfers. I'm beginning to wonder if your computer may be trying to protect copy-written celebrity names or something goofy like that. :dunno: Just for kicks, try changing the file names of Trevino and Payne Stewart. Rename the PS file something like Paul Stoner or some made up name of some kind, and then test it again and see if it works. It's a shot-in-the-dark, but I've seen stranger things happen. :unsure:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

It's a well know fact that Payne Stewart has a phobia about doctors...change your username...the Payne Stweart ani just freezes randomly because of this phobia...thus... don use the Payne Stewart ani for tourney play.....
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

morvio100 wrote: October 8th, 2022, 1:04 pm It's a well know fact that Payne Stewart has a phobia about doctors
WHAT??
No matter where you go, there you are.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Just saw this thread here are two Payne Stewarts I have. They both work fine on my computer and in the game. Hope they work for you if you download them. I have now removed the Link the files did not work for Steve
Last edited by Daniel on October 10th, 2022, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.