Links 2k3 - Appreciation Society

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Links 2k3 - Appreciation Society

Post by morvio100 »

Felt incumbent of me to remind Andy (for keeping the site in good order - and running seamlessly), and all the great designers, who keep this great game alive and kicking, that their works and efforts are very much appreciated by the ever growing Links community....Great site Great Game .... pc Golf Perfection...reckon all you Linksters out there ...should drop some words of encouragement and gratitude to the folks who have made this oldie but goldie the best golf best sim out there...Well Done All !!.. :clapping:
Daniel

Re: Links 2k3 - Appreciation Society

Post by Daniel »

I second that great bunch of people :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I dont think people like being told what they "should" do, but nevertheless - appreciation threads are always nice so I will jump on.

As a player, Im very thankful there are still such an impressive amount of active designers making courses for this old game!

As a designer, Im very thankful for each and every person who's around to download what we design!

As both, Im very thankful there are people who run or help run LC and other websites related to Links, and everyone who participates in the forums etc.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Most appreciative of all---past and present. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
fiver

Post by fiver »

I agree with all who mention What a great group of individuals who run, design and play these great designs.
Appreciation to all you wonderful people! :cheers1:
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

fiver wrote: August 25th, 2022, 3:47 pm I agree with all who mention What a great group of individuals who run, design and play these great designs.
Appreciation to all you wonderful people! :cheers1:
:thumbup: :notworthy: :cheers1:
Ditto! and...double Ditto!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

I'm with everyone else. Appreciative for the fellow Links users and designers, and I'm very happy to be able to contribute to the game as a designer.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I'll join in on the accolades for both LINKS and the Links Corner site. Now that I don't get out play as many rounds in real life as I used to, I find that playing Links definitely fills the void when I need a "golf fix". In fact, it's the ONLY golf sim I play now. With over 2500 courses to choose from and many
more coming along each month contributed by some very talented course designers, what more could a player want ?
I enjoy almost all the styles of courses represented, but really appreciate the REAL course releases, because since I know I most likely will never really play them, it's great to get an actual feel for how they look and play.
As for the Links Corner site.....with all the Forums and input, nearly every question or observation you have is available as a "reference". It's truly
a comprehensive resource for the game. I, too, think that Andy deserves a round of applause for the great job he does in keeping the site up and running as well as "moderating" things if necessary. He's very "level headed" and professional.

Thanks again to all of you for keeping this game alive and active ! :thumbup: :tiphat: