LIV TOUR

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Jimbo

LIV TOUR

Post by Jimbo »

The latest to jump is Kevin Na who has resigned from the PGA.
He joins:
Dustin Johnson
Graeme McDowell
Lee Westwood
Sergio Garcia
Ian Poulter
Louis Oosthuizen
...and Phil...

Johnson and Westwood have been dropped from the RBC-sponsored roster (RBC has been a major contributor to the development of Canadian golf and the LIV opening tournament in England has been booked for the same week). FYI, RBC stands for Royal Bamk of Canada-it's the blue and yellow patch on every Canadian on the tour (the Canadian Open purse is still in US dollars...)
Methinks that Dustin's father-in-law might not be too happy...and not just because the Oilers are 2 down to Colorado! :scared:
GoBucks

Re: LIV TOUR

Post by GoBucks »

I haven't seen Phil make a commitment yet. Did I miss something?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

That's why I put him at the end. :smile:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Update: https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/i-am-t ... -tour-exit
Does mention guaranteed money here: Mickelson, "a 45-time PGA Tour winner, revealed that he still wants to play the Majors and said he is "incredibly grateful" for what the PGA Tour has given him. His deal with LIV Golf is reportedly worth around $200m, dwarfing his PGA Tour career earnings of $95m." Dustin's signing bonus less than Phil's was said to have eclipsed what every PGA Tour winner has ever won playing golf, not going into endorsement money. Also with pay for play or appearance fees aspect only the PGA men's and women's tours have said this is not allowable.
Mickelson has said here he will continue competing in majors and PGA Tour as well as DP World Tour do not run
these---so it would be possible that he plays in majors, such as the upcoming US Open based upon qualification eligibilties whereby his win in 2021 PGA gets him in US Open tournament this year that he has never won.
https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/exemptions.html
Last edited by gene_golf on June 7th, 2022, 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Jimbo wrote: June 5th, 2022, 12:34 am Methinks that Dustin's father-in-law might not be too happy...and not just because the Oilers are 2 down to Colorado! :scared:
Down 3-0 now, too bad, they're the last Canadian team playing. Doubt they'll win 4 in a row against the Avs, but it has been done 4 times previously, out of 200-and-something opportunities.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

The PGA has rules and regulations you agree to when you join.
I feel the PGA should ban the players that abandon the PGA for life.
I know money talks but it should not rule your life.
Tiger has more respect from me than those that sold their soles for money.

My 2 cents..............

Sage............ :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Sage-and that should the majors-or at least the PGA.
My 3 cents (Canadian). :laugh:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Jimbo wrote: June 7th, 2022, 8:34 pm Sage-and that should the majors-or at least the PGA.
My 3 cents (Canadian). :laugh:
None of the majors (including the PGA championship) are run by the PGA Tour.
No matter where you go, there you are.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

With the latest additions to the LIV (Reed and DeChambeau) it appears the Shark and Saudi's are amping up the war. But when I see that they will not be on television, just You Tube and Facebook and their website. Should be interesting to see how the coverage is and how it is received by ESPN and other media outlets and whether it gets any mentions.

Jim
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

All these guys and any future ones are traitors to the PGA and just plain money whores. $$$$$$ is the ONLY reason they are going. Shame on them. The PGA made them stars of the game. I understand free market capitalism but where is the loyalty............??

Sage............
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.