The future of old golf games

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

The future of old golf games

Post by Still Linksing »

For anyone who wants to follow the journey...

...I'm currently involved in a major project to make sure old golf games not only survive, but have an active life well into the future.
Golf Sim Clubhouse is a site that will cater for all old golf games including the 4 major golf game series of the past:

PGA series (PGA 2000 etc)
Jack Nicklaus series
Links series
Tiger Woods series

The site will be the central source for all old golf titles. Right now is only the beginning, the building phase.

I know it's good to be somewhere from when it all started so I'm just passing on the information early on here for anyone who wants to be there.
Please feel free to drop by or create an account. If anyone wants to add any type of content, be it a simple post or anything else, by all means. :thumbup:

Golf Sim Clubhouse :cheers1:
Last edited by Still Linksing on April 3rd, 2022, 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Ben Jammin

Re: The future of old golf games

Post by Ben Jammin »

Thanks for all you do (and have done) to keep this game running. Your efforts are appreciated!
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I'm there.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Signed up and ready to go.

Sage...... :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Ben Jammin wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 11:16 am Thanks for all you do (and have done) to keep this game running. Your efforts are appreciated!
No probs. I love these games! All of them. I really want them to not just survive, but entertain an entirely new generation.

Just some background info:
Brian, the site owner, created the site (GSC) after PGA 2000's main site, The Copyright Club, died many years ago.
He created GSC to keep alive the PGA 2000 community and give the game a new home.

Very recently, the Jack Nicklaus community lost their website. GSC will now be the Jack Nicklaus game's permanent home as well.
Right now we have several people working hard to make the transfer of Jack to GSC.

At this point, I felt the time had really come to bring all the old golf games together on one central site. Somewhere that could give them a very secure, long term home and future.

I always intended to do this all myself but after joining GSC, I found Brian also loved these old golf games as much as I do. He already had the capacity and will, to also go into it for the long term.

Brian already had a stable, ideally set up website and forum in place, I could handle many of the other things, it was all kinda "ideal" and so here we are.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

sagevanni wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 11:20 am I'm there.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Signed up and ready to go.

Sage...... :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1:
Very happy you are there Sage! Welcome my friend! :kicking: :cheers1:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Oh, both Brian and myself have time constraints this year.
For at least 2022 and some part of 2023, the only priority is to slowly get content up.
There are no intentions to draw new members during this period.
When everything is done, then we will be looking to bring in the new guys!

Anyhow, letting you all know so you can follow along and gives you another golf game site to check on.
I know I could never get enough of them! :laugh:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Great news! Nice to find a forum I wasn't previously aware of. I've played and enjoyed all of these with my favorite still being Links 1999.
FLIPPER2021

Post by FLIPPER2021 »

I was just wondering, is there enybody that knows where can I dowload designer courses for JN6 GOLDEN BEAR CHALLANGE
I only got the courses that came out with the game
THANKS
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Got to laugh at this one I tried to register and it said, no soup for you, you are A SPAMMER
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Daniel wrote: April 2nd, 2022, 9:13 pm Got to laugh at this one I tried to register and it said, no soup for you, you are A SPAMMER
Are you serious? lol
Must be your email or whatever name you used if this is the case.
I'll get onto Brian to see how he has things set up.
Golf Sim Clubhouse