New Player, Hello!

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Kiltem

New Player, Hello!

Post by Kiltem »

Hello Everyone! I'm Kiltem, glad to get into the site and finally find a group of people who are playing the game. I've been desperate to find somewhere with people since I discovered the game.

I've only been playing for about a week, but I'm having a blast and absolutely love the expansiveness on what the game lets you customize and add, and of course the custom courses is great. Watching a round while you play on the same holes is just a blast.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I hope to play with all of you a lot and very often! Any beginners tips, I'm all ears for :D Also, if theres any other places that players gather to chat/group to play the game, please by all means let me know, i.e. Discord/Ventrilo/IRC . Whenever I play a game I just, crave information on it and conversation about it. And given I've discovered this game what seems to be 19 years late, theres not a whole lot out there. So happy to be here!

Hope you're all having a fantastic month.
Last edited by Kiltem on March 28th, 2022, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmgolf

Re: New Player, Hello!

Post by pmgolf »

Welcome Kiltem! I am pmgolf, the Tour Director of the World Tour League at www.LSPN.NET.

LinksCorner.ORG and LSPN.NET are the two main sites for Links 2003. Links Corner features over a thousand courses available for downloading, along with links to golfer animations, golf clubs and Forums. LSPN.NET has Forums, and Leagues of various types for playing Links Tournaments at whatever competitive level you feel most comfortable.

At the World Tour League at LSPN.NET, we have two weekly handicap tournaments that are played at the challenging level for all swing modes: 2 or 3 Click, Real Time Swing or Powerstroke. Whether or not you choose to join LSPN.NET, I'll be glad to help you with any questions that may come up here or at LSPN.NET. And you'll find everyone here and there to be just as helpful! :smile: :yes:

Make sure and visit the following if you sign up to join (for Free) at www.LSPN.NET:
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12037

I play Links using the RTS swing, and I'm located in Richmond, Virginia, USA.

Pete
Ben Jammin

Post by Ben Jammin »

Quite a few players on gameranger, some use skype and ventrillo while playing.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Kiltim-if I read your text correctly you've only been playing for a week? As you can see the game has stood the test of time quite well...so have we! :rofl:
Anyway, welcome aboard!

Jim "The Nitpicker"
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Welcome Kiltim. Tell your friends about the game. We want to keep it active forever. :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Kiltem

Post by Kiltem »

pmgolf wrote: March 28th, 2022, 12:42 pm Welcome Kiltem! I am pmgolf, the Tour Director of the World Tour League at www.LSPN.NET.

LinksCorner.ORG and LSPN.NET are the two main sites for Links 2003. Links Corner features over a thousand courses available for downloading, along with links to golfer animations, golf clubs and Forums. LSPN.NET has Forums, and Leagues of various types for playing Links Tournaments at whatever competitive level you feel most comfortable.

At the World Tour League at LSPN.NET, we have two weekly handicap tournaments that are played at the challenging level for all swing modes: 2 or 3 Click, Real Time Swing or Powerstroke. Whether or not you choose to join LSPN.NET, I'll be glad to help you with any questions that may come up here or at LSPN.NET. And you'll find everyone here and there to be just as helpful! :smile: :yes:

Make sure and visit the following if you sign up to join (for Free) at www.LSPN.NET:
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12037

I play Links using the RTS swing, and I'm located in Richmond, Virginia, USA.

Pete
Hiya! Thanks for the kind welcome! Happy to be here and hope to take part in lots of events! I've landed here and by your suggestion I've signed up for LSPN now as well. Just waiting for verification!

I tried to do RTS for a while but man I was just butchering the game going paaainfully over. Had to switch hahaha. I'm from Texas! Everyone has been very kind!
Kiltem

Post by Kiltem »

Ben Jammin wrote: March 28th, 2022, 4:43 pm Quite a few players on gameranger, some use skype and ventrillo while playing.
Gameranger! Gotcha, I can grab that. I've got ventrilo from the old days of WoW but moved on from Skype haha. Thanks for the advice and direction!
Kiltem

Post by Kiltem »

Jimbo wrote: March 28th, 2022, 9:38 pm Hi Kiltim-if I read your text correctly you've only been playing for a week? As you can see the game has stood the test of time quite well...so have we! :rofl:
Anyway, welcome aboard!

Jim "The Nitpicker"
Yep! Only played for about a week, learning and feeling out the game with some solo careers and seasons. I'm so happy to have found you all here! Really this game just seems to be the epitome of golf games, others just dont compare. Either not enough courses, not enough customization, bad multiplayer, bad wind physics. But Links just, GOT IT RIGHT all the way in 2003! Glad to be on board, hope to see you around!
Kiltem

Post by Kiltem »

Captain Nemo wrote: March 28th, 2022, 10:02 pm Welcome Kiltim. Tell your friends about the game. We want to keep it active forever. :cheers1:

Thank you much Captain! Absolutely will do, been talking about the game to just about anyone I run into if I'm honest hahaha. Hope to get a few IRL fellas in on it, the competitive aspect is just, too well made and smooth. Seems so enjoyable to have friend competition in Links.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Very nice to see a new player! :smile: we dont get too many of those, with the last proper game in the Links series being nearly 20 years old. So if theres anything you wonder or something youre looking for just post and someone will help out. There is also the Tigercats community (can find via google) for another active hub of Links 2003 tournaments, though I think they also have a League over at LSPN nowadays.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...