New Player, Hello!

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Jimbo

Re: New Player, Hello!

Post by Jimbo »

You've been playing for one week and tou're using RTS???? Fellow Linksters-now he's just showing off!!! :naughty:

But seriously-take a look at the fellow who made the previous post-Adelaide is one of the people who are responsible for keeping this game relevant. You'll see some other names on the Course sheet and after a while you'll become familiar with them-a couple of names like Sage Vanni, Glenn Braden and John Brooks-as well as about a dozen others, give or take.

They have mastered the Arnold Palmer Course Designer...a program that many of us have tried but only a few have have the patience and ability to use properly.

Over to you Sage... :whistle:
Kiltem

Post by Kiltem »

Adelade wrote: March 29th, 2022, 7:05 pm Very nice to see a new player! :smile: we dont get too many of those, with the last proper game in the Links series being nearly 20 years old. So if theres anything you wonder or something youre looking for just post and someone will help out. There is also the Tigercats community (can find via google) for another active hub of Links 2003 tournaments, though I think they also have a League over at LSPN nowadays.

I was surprised to find people who play considering the games age! Very glad someone has kept it alive, otherwise I wouldn't have this opportunity now! I'll definitely be getting into the LSPN community as well. Pleasure to meet you! I'll have to look into Tigercats!
Kiltem

Post by Kiltem »

Jimbo wrote: March 29th, 2022, 7:23 pm You've been playing for one week and tou're using RTS???? Fellow Linksters-now he's just showing off!!! :naughty:

But seriously-take a look at the fellow who made the previous post-Adelaide is one of the people who are responsible for keeping this game relevant. You'll see some other names on the Course sheet and after a while you'll become familiar with them-a couple of names like Sage Vanni, Glenn Braden and John Brooks-as well as about a dozen others, give or take.

They have mastered the Arnold Palmer Course Designer...a program that many of us have tried but only a few have have the patience and ability to use properly.

Over to you Sage... :whistle:
Hahahah, well I started the game out using the RTS swing, and found that I was doing horrendously bad. Like, so bad, that it wasn't worth continuing to learn at the moment lol.

So, for now, I've swapped to classic swing and get muuuuch better scores. I'll definitely keep an eye on Adelaide, and an eye out for the others! Can't wait to get on some greens with each of you :D

Very thankful for the course designers and people willing to learn those programs. I looked into a couple of them at the beginning of my journey just, exploring things about the game, and wow some of it is painfully confusing hahaha. Keep up the fabulous work, course designers! :D
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Kiltem,

Nice to see a new face. We all know almost everyone of the regulars ages......how 'bout you...????

Jimbo, thanks for the mention.....!!!! :smile: :cheers1:

We designers love what we do or we would not be doing it............................

Sage..... :smile: :smile: :cheers1: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Kiltem wrote: March 30th, 2022, 6:42 am Can't wait to get on some greens with each of you :D
Hi Kiltem, and welcome to Links Corner. From this comment it appears that you are thinking that Links Corner is a gaming site where players meet to play golf together. If that's the case, perhaps I might clarify something. Links Corner is what I consider the "heart" of Links. It's the place that keeps Links alive and is responsible for the creation of all of the wonderful courses that you can download for free. Without the activity of what goes on here, the game surely would have died out years ago. This is where the course creators and the people that come up with the new ideas for courses, design, graphics and appearances congregate to work on new ideas and to share our passion and knowledge of the Links software and game.

You may have a hard time finding anyone around here to actually play with, but if there's anything you need to know about course creation or problems getting Links to run on your computer, then this is where you want to come for assistance. In the meantime, as you have found out, there are several guys around here that can point you in the right direction to find online games.

We're glad you stopped in, and hope that one day you can find interest in the course creator software and take on the challenge of building your own course. I have built several of them, and can tell you it is very satisfying to complete a course and put it up for players to download and play.

Best wishes, and happy to have made your acquaintance. :tiphat: Enjoy the site and the courses.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Bit Left

Post by Bit Left »

Hey Kiltem. If you haven't done so, check out the Lobby discussion "Informal Age Poll" started last November and now seven pages strong. Welcome to the Four Wheeled Walker Club - with jet thrusters :laugh:
Snaphook65

Post by Snaphook65 »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but having just re-downloaded this amazing game I'm absolutely stunned at the number of amazing courses available here. This was one of the easiest Paypal donations I've ever made and I have the feeling it won't be the last. Thank you to everyone who has given so much of their time to keep Links alive.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Snaphook65 wrote: April 10th, 2022, 4:43 am Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but having just re-downloaded this amazing game I'm absolutely stunned at the number of amazing courses available here. This was one of the easiest Paypal donations I've ever made and I have the feeling it won't be the last. Thank you to everyone who has given so much of their time to keep Links alive.
Welcome back. There's plenty of courses to choose from, and more on the way.

Enjoy, :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ben Jammin

Post by Ben Jammin »

Great to see new faces, welcome guys!