Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Re: Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Post by morvio100 »

I got a first hole in one this morning - champ level ...probably a little luck involed....at The Links at Ballylecum Castle...a gem of a course....
Attachments
1ST HOLE IN 1.zip
1st hole in 1
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Last edited by morvio100 on April 30th, 2022, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SLucey

Post by SLucey »

migolfer wrote: April 30th, 2022, 2:21 pm Finally managed to get a hole-in-one on Links 2003 at Mauna Kea GC 2020 v2 (by Steven Lucey).
Check out the attachment if you want to see it (you'll need to install that version of Mauna Kea) (and put the file in your "MyDocuments\Links 2003\Saved Shots" folder).

Please attach your own .SHT file with a hole-in-one, I would enjoy seeing it, as may others.
...and with a 3-Wood. Impressively nice!
dko

Post by dko »

Never made a real-life ace in fifty years of playing (more off than on), with a close call or two. Can't play any longer, so...

I've made probably about 20 in Links 2003 but don't know for sure since I reset my stats several times and lost my most recent set to a dead computer. The one that stands out is on the 17th at Pebble to a back left pin with a flop five wood. Best shot I ever had was an albatross on the 18th at PGA National. Had both saved but lost them both to the dead computer (honest!).
Doug
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

dko wrote: May 1st, 2022, 10:27 amBest shot I ever had was an albatross on the 18th at PGA National. Had both saved but lost them both to the dead computer (honest!).
Yah, sure... And you shoulda' seen that 9 pound bass I caught a few weeks ago that got away when I was fishing by myself. :tongue: :laugh:

What I've always heard was, "if you don't have pictures, it didn't happen" :laugh:

:cheers1: Dan (jk, of course)
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

morvio100 wrote: April 30th, 2022, 3:41 pm I got a first hole in one this morning - champ level ...probably a little luck involed....at The Links at Ballylecum Castle...a gem of a course....
Good one! One big bounce, a second, then it slammed square into the flag stick and hole. Good one indeed.

The golfer animation gets all celebratory well ahead of the ball going in. It probably shouldn't do that until it happens, kind of spoils the surprise.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

morvio100 wrote: April 30th, 2022, 3:41 pm I got a first hole in one this morning - champ level ...probably a little luck involed....at The Links at Ballylecum Castle...a gem of a course....
On the first hole too -- I suppose that put a lot of pressure on you to play the next 17 as good as you can, you don't want to start the round -2 then walk away with an 80 or something. :-D
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

migolfer wrote: May 1st, 2022, 3:15 pm
Good one! One big bounce, a second, then it slammed square into the flag stick and hole. Good one indeed.

The golfer animation gets all celebratory well ahead of the ball going in. It probably shouldn't do that until it happens, kind of spoils the surprise.
I've never played with anyone that gets that obnoxiously carried away IRL like throwing the putter down and kicking it when they miss a putt - or, I've never played with them twice. There are animations that behave themselves a lot better: James Braid, JH Taylor, GMAC (MacDowell?), Norm, (Sir) Sean Connery, Ted Ray, and a few more of the old-time players.

Pete
dko

Post by dko »

Dan,

If only I could get my AI to testify on my behalf..... :dunno: :laugh:
Doug
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

pmgolf wrote: May 1st, 2022, 6:05 pm I've never played with anyone that gets that obnoxiously carried away IRL like throwing the putter down and kicking it when they miss a putt - or, I've never played with them twice. There are animations that behave themselves a lot better: James Braid, JH Taylor, GMAC (MacDowell?), Norm, (Sir) Sean Connery, Ted Ray, and a few more of the old-time players.
Pete
Hmm, I never bothered to look for a non-standard player animation and have been stuck on Sergio for a long while. That's a great idea, I'll try some of these from here: http://www.linksanimasters.com/downloads.php
Starting with Sir Sean Connery and Ben Hogan. Especially Ben, always been a fan of his having read a lot of classic golf books when I first got into golf in the 80's. Then I read https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/337825.Ben_Hogan and really became a fan.
thank you
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

dko wrote: May 1st, 2022, 10:50 pm Dan,

If only I could get my AI to testify on my behalf..... :dunno: :laugh:
:rofl:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added