Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Re: Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Post by morvio100 »

Mansford GC.. :clapping: .great course..great sim....great shot(well lucky bounce)...thanks to Leigh for the course....
Attachments
2nd hole 1 mansford GC.zip
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
SLucey

Post by SLucey »

How many of you have sunk a hole in one...on the fly? No bounce...no roll...no flag pole help...just all cup?
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

I'm on a roll Slucey, I dl'd three beautiful courses by John Aherne today, Roganstown, Hermitage and Bunclody. I aced the 10th on Hermitage the first time playing the back 9 with no flag pole help, and aced the 2nd on Roganstown first time playing the course also, the one on Roganstown got a peach of a bounce, that twincey bit of luck all aces require, all my aces I got at champ level(3 click) and with breezy, I'm on a roll, or the Gods are smiling down on me..... :cheers1: ....I think the 3 click offers a great deal of accuracy, I will adapt/try the RTS/or power swing eventually....
Attachments
4 hole 1 one.zip
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
3rd hole in 1.zip
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Here's a some aces on "The Great One!".. Rob Millers Pine Valley...true sign of a great course when you feel compelled to turn off the grid when putting....enjoy

(The Pine Valley Collection)
Attachments
8th hole in 1 pine val.zip
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
7th hole in 1 pine valley.zip
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
pinevalley hole 5 in 1.zip
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
pinevalley hole in 1.zip
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Eddie's Kill Devil Hills ace, extremely tricky punch shot.... :cheers1: Eddie....
Attachments
9TH HOLE IN ONE.zip
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

morvio100 wrote: May 6th, 2022, 3:31 pm Eddie's Kill Devil Hills ace, extremely tricky punch shot...
Thank you for all the SHoT files, I checked 'em all out.

Two of them I had to download the courses, both of which made me glad I requested others share their hole-in-one's because: (a) Mansford Waters GC looks nice, will play that one shortly, (b) how the h*ll did I not have Eddie Schmidt's Kill Devil Hills downloaded before? I have all his others, but not that one. Got it now! Thank you for making a hole-in-one there or I may have never seen it. It was a good one too -- past the pin, backspin brought it back into the cup.
Last edited by migolfer on May 7th, 2022, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

morvio100 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 9:53 pm ... I aced the 10th on Hermitage the first time playing the back 9 with no flag pole help, ...
The one on #10/Hermitage was the first one I watched -- love the big drop on that hole, very reminiscent of the par 3's that can be found here in Northern Michigan. Good shot.

I liked the shot on #2/Roganstown too, ball had to bounce over that front bunker, and with the pin practically right on the edge, that's probably the only way to get a hole-in-one there, unless it's on-the-fly or something.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

morvio100 wrote: May 5th, 2022, 4:51 pm Here's a some aces on ... Rob Millers Pine Valley...
One of my top-5 Links courses for sure.
What a dream to be able to play there in real life, a golf sim will have to serve as a substitute.

For the hole-in-one on #10, I used Sir Sean Connery as the animation. He had NO, and I mean ZERO, reaction to the shot. To add insult to injury, if you replay the shot 1x reverse angle, the fans on the right aren't even watching! They're looking over at an adjacent hole. Well, I enjoyed it. :smile:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Okay, that's enough of the par 3 hole-in-one's, how about a par 4?

I cannot claim credit for this in any way whatsoever, but this is a good one from Simon Kent in 2002 at a course (The Tribute) I love playing in real life:
It's a 430 yard hole, this one was from 325, he must have been playing the "front" tees.

Here is a photo of the hole the last time I played there:
Tribute#3-October2020.jpg
Tribute#3-October2020.jpg (284.21 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

The Belfry....par 4 hole in one...super difficult avoiding that final tree branch....enjoy... :thumbup:

ps....play it in reverse cam...great view of the fantastic work the designer done on the clubhouse....great course...

Details..
(Champ-Breezy-Green Speed - Medium/Challenging-Green Hardness Moderate Challenging...Difficult Pins...dang good shot even if I say so myself.... :smile: )
Attachments
par 4 hole in 1 first.zip
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 80 times