Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Re: Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Post by morvio100 »

A few nice PAR 3 aces on hole 2 of Rob Miller's Shinneock Hills HD....WHAT A COURSE..!!.. :thumbup: ...couldn't manage to get the slam dunk HIO as in no roll/flag pole..there super tricky...someone should upload one if they manage to get one...long live Links2k3.... :clapping:
Attachments
SHINNOCK PUNCH HIO HOLE 2.zip
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
SHINNOCK HIO FLOP HOLE 2.zip
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
SHINNOCK HILLS HOLE 2 PAR 3 HIO STRAIGHT.zip
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Thanks morvio100, finally took the time to watch the rest of these. You are quite productive with the hole-in-one's! Do you go into practice mode and hammer away at shots on the par 3's/short par 4's until one goes in? Or are these from actual games? It would be interesting to see a Recorded Game (good or bad) from you. If you are ever so inclined, I would enjoy watching one of those. How about on Nine Bridges at Jeju Island by Adelade? I know at one time (see the initial comment in this thread) he was interested in .REC files from players of his fine, newly designed course, he might enjoy this download too.

I notice that you overswing a lot on your hole-in-one's (or always?) maybe that's the secret to getting them. :)
max.png
max.png (112.45 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Thanks for the +1 miggolfer, re: the hole in ones, regards the difficulty of those shots, it largely depends on the type of wind/breeze (tail wind/breeze can be more tricky than a head wind) and course, at times there quite easy even on champ, with champ it is true what is said there is quite alot of in-air ball deviation, thus flop shots are very rewarding, regards the par 4 hio's there very, sometimes very very difficult,..I dont bother with practice - when I was trying those..id play a round or a front/or back nine stop at a specific hole ace it and move on...some times thats acheived very quickly the one on ahernes Esker Fields was a kind of bit lucky tbh, it was a punch drive over I think 340 yrds, it got a good bounce and skipped across the green at speed, I tried several different shot types on that course/same hole with trying to get the ball to drop on a specific part on the near bunker and let the ball land on a specific part of the green, and let the ball roll to the cup, (old Johnny Aherne gave some brutal greens on that course..lol..but its one of the finer real courses on here - and its super fun-) I got with 6 inches a few times after "alot" of tries, some of those are super rewarding when get that specific bounce and hear that cup sound !...Ill check out Adelades course when time allows (great designer -great at handicapping courses and the technical accuracy of holes it seems..)..when trying those shots,,depends of the distance of the hole of course, opt for a straight/or punch(and make very small adjustments to shot setup -and keep an eagle eye on the wind meter)..thus there's more control over in-flight ball deviation..regards the overswing that typically will generate the necessary back spin needed to the decelerate ball on the bounce...the slam dunk hio still eludes me...last weekend.. I was trying to replicate Ryan Moore's slam on the the 17th at Sawgrass(with breeze)..to get that stick sound in conjuntion with the ball entering/and "STAYING" in the cup, super difficult/super tricky ...Ill have another go next weekend.. :cheers1:... it would be great if someone uploaded one of those SLAMS...its a pleasure trying those shots tbh, because Links2k3 physics are so good... :thumbup:

link/
https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1106 ... -17th-hole
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Unlimited mulligans?
No matter where you go, there you are.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

yep...unlimeted mulligans..Gobucks..one of those par 4's took me over half an hour to sink...cant remember which on think it was the 3 wood shot on cuckmere...the p 4 on quintet only took a few mins...theres that 5 % element of luck in all aces...but its a buzz when they drop...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Hey Linksters....am I the only one....uploading....get the lead out Linksters.... :whip: ..!..someone go foe the SLAM and upload it....!!!...have some more aces on Bethpage will up them in few days.... :thumbup:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

The thing that makes a hole in one so rare also includes the limited number of chances at it that the golfer has. If everyone just stood there at each par 3 and hit shots until they holed one out, they would probably get one about as frequently as you. What makes it tough is only having one chance at each par 3 for a hole in one, and then having to wait until the next time you play the course to get another shot at it. Maybe one day someone will change the game and allow unlimited mulligans on all par 3's. Think about how long it will take to play a round then! :wallbash:

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

morvio100 wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 4:55 pm yep...unlimeted mulligans..Gobucks..one of those par 4's took me over half an hour to sink...
The way you do it, it's not actually a "hole-in-one". It's a hole-in-whatever"... :laugh:

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

understood....Dan...wont upload so.... :thumbup:
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

I don't play much these days but here's my latest Ace made at Royal Kenya GC whilst playing Skins with the Mailman.
royalkenyaace.zip
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 109 times