Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
morvio100

Re: Holes In One, Links & Real Life.

Post by morvio100 »

Peach of a shot Andy ...and RTS ....nice one... :clapping:
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Nice ace on Rob Millers Shinnecock Hills (recorded)...i aced the second in one go ...Shinnecock Hills HD...beautiful course...my first recorded full round..in fact my first full round.. .I never have the time to play a full 18 usually just a front/or back 9....all Millers courses a works of art...played the round over 2 days attached the rec files and score txts..and .ver file...love this game..!!... :clapping: ...pity Mc Coist isnt designing anymore his courses are great fun...
Attachments
SHINNECOCK folder.zip
(41.03 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Good shot, Andy. Joy to watch from different angles too.

Also, ty Keith for the recorded round on Shinnecock, I'll be sure to watch those this weekend when I find some time.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Played some real golf today for the first time in, I believe, 15 years (well, I hit a few shots on the practice range one evening last week too). Only played 6 holes, and certainly no HIOs, but it went fantastically good for some weird reason, and it was so much fun! Hard not to want to play more, might get a full membership next summer.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Adelade wrote: August 9th, 2022, 8:51 pm ..it was so much fun! Hard not to want to play more, might get a full membership next summer.
Yeah, there is no comparison golfing in real life vs. on Links. Good to hear that the sport is still being enjoyed by you and a lot of other folks all around the world, it is a special sport.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Augusta 2023...HIO on the 12th...looking forward to the tourney edition Linkster...awesome work...hope St Andrews arrives sooner rather than later...ty for raising the bar for Links2k3 course design... :cheers1:

Breezy/Green soft challenging/ and Fast Challenging...enjoy
Attachments
augusta 2023 hole 12 hio.zip
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
John B

Post by John B »

I've been lucky enough to make a few dozen in Links, even a few on par 4s. Not so much in real life. Have come within inches on a number of occasions, but never got one to drop.
MrT

Post by MrT »

morvio100 wrote: March 28th, 2023, 2:16 am Augusta 2023...HIO on the 12th...looking forward to the tourney edition Linkster...awesome work...hope St Andrews arrives sooner rather than later...ty for raising the bar for Links2k3 course design... :cheers1:

Breezy/Green soft challenging/ and Fast Challenging...enjoy
I agree... This LIDAR thing is fantastic. I cannot wait for St. Andrews either.. At the Augusta couse he just releeased, even in F/Fc settings, I can actually play and enjoy the challenge for the challenges make sense.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

I'm thinking there aren't enough hole in ones with Links, at least with computer players. I always play my PGA replay seasons with difficult pin placements with no wind, moderate, medium settings and in 29,184 rounds (24 players, 32 rounds/season, 38 seasons) of golf there have been 10 hole in ones. Difficult pin placements is the only reason I can guess as to why there have been such a low number.

Broken down even more, that's 10 hole in ones in approx. 116,736 par 3 holes played or 1 hole in one for 11,674 par 3s played. The average score per round over those 29,184 rounds is 69.34. The real life tour avg is around 71 per round and they have an ace almost every tournament. Links is way too low.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

HIO on the Nation Golf Links 2023 course....the designer has outsmarted an upped the wind a bit...so this maybe no longer possible...but might yet be...lol...think it was a punch drive
Attachments
National golf hio hole 2.zip
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 23 times