Pinehurst #8

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
PinHi

Pinehurst #8

Post by PinHi »

Hi everyone.
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this course its Pinehurst #8 2007 that I have recorded in my excel workbook and I do have the course its
p84-14D.crz have played it before and played it again and was doing a mini review and with some research found that it is not listed on LC course list also I have it recorded on my excel sheet that it was done by Rob Miller. When I type in search by designer under his name it is not there. Also checked Ouggs 3.02 review and not there either. Its 117,463 kb in size and dated 2007-4-15. Hard to post a review if not sure info I have is correct and if okay to post since no info around about it except for what I have. Anyone know? Thanks. Ron :bookh:

PS. Its a Par 72 7118 yds.
Adelade

Re: Pinehurst #8

Post by Adelade »

Its a beta version by Eddie Schmidt to my knowledge, not Robert Miller (although perhaps it is possible Rob was somehow involved too, I dont know). A few years ago Eddie Schmidt started a new version of Pinehurst #8 because of some issue with the old one, and worked on and posted several times about it. It seemed fairly far progressed and looked amazing, but no word from him for over a year now. A lot of us have been hoping to see him pop back in some day.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Thanks for response Adelade - that few years ago turned out to be 14 years? Just wondering as this doesn`t say its a beta version also only other Pinehust #8 I have is by Microsoft other than that no other older version - just wondering? I played through this one and didn`t see any issues - does not mean there are none - but it looks good and plays good for me. :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Well I havent played or checked out the version you have, Im just going off what other people said about it plus what makes sense based on what Eddie posted about the course the past few years. To clarify, here is what I understand happened: 2007 he posted a beta or unfinished version of the course without officially uploading it to Links Corner (since it wasnt finished), then the course project was probably mostly put on hiatus between 2007 and a couple years ago, when I saw him post about wanting to complete the course. Because of some problem with his own last version of the course, he chose to make a completely new version of the course instead, which isnt yet finished. So there is no other available version of #8 no, if not counting Microsoft courses.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Okay. Thanks for info - you are probably right - so I will postpone posting about this one as not many probably have it or can get it. Thanks Adelade. :smile: