USA Ryder Cup team

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
gene_golf

Re: USA Ryder Cup team

Post by gene_golf »

Future Sites of the Ryder Cup
These are the golf courses that have been announced as host sites for future Ryder Cups:
2023 — Marco Simone Golf and Country Club in Rome, Lazio, Italy
2025 — Bethpage Black Course, Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, New York, United States
2027 — Adare Manor in Adare, County Limerick, Republic of Ireland
2029 — Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota, United States
2031 — Not yet announced
2033 — Olympic Club (Lake Course) in San Francisco, California, United States
2035 — Not yet announced
2037 — Congressional Country Club (Blue Course) in Bethesda, Maryland, United States

Interesting that in 2027 RC to be played in Republic of Ireland or Southern Ireland, which brings up question of who are greatest golfers in history from there and not Northern Ireland. Previously in 2006 the RC was played at the K, (short for Kildare) Club also in the Republic of Ireland. Looking at info for Adare Manor course see that has been recently redesigned, but what existed before that comes up on the internet was a 6,000 yard course with sand traps to front of greens to either side on most of the holes with hole #14 having a creek in front of the green there. The course has old historic ruins of buildings next to some holes. Perhaps John Brooks might think of giving this course a go and preview what RC players will encounter in 2027 as he has already done for Marco Simone, the next RC course situated in Italy. https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2402

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... le_golfers
These are ones I have heard of.
Pádraig Harrington
Peter Lawrie
Shane Lowry
Paul McGinley
Mark McNulty
Christy O'Connor Snr
Des Smyth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... rn_Ireland
These are ones I have heard of.
Darren Clarke
David Feherty
Graeme McDowell
Rory McIlroy

Another point being besides The Open being played at Royal Portrush in 1951 and 2019, then again scheduled for return there in 2025---why has it never been played at Royal County Down considered to be amongst the best courses in the world. I do remember back in 2007 when that course hosted The Walker Cup. Looking back through courses where Ryder Cup has been played---never ever has an Irish course, either North or South hosted this event.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Rory came to play on Sunday, there was no beating him that day, I think. His emotional response after the event was unexpected. The Ryder Cup is a bigger deal for the Europeans than us Americans realized, until now. Watching the caddies partying Saturday night was funny (may have been posted to Instagram, not sure).

I kind of would have liked to have seen Shane Lowery win his match on Sunday. He is a likeable dude. Ian Polter not so much, many of us USA'rs find him annoying in the Ryder Cup (wins too much and that attitude is over the top), we were hoping he'd lose instead. :) :tomato:
billw

Post by billw »

gene_golf,
I opened chsmcp's Links Computer Players spreadsheet with a program called Free Excel Viewer and I could see all of the ratings.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

[quote=billw post_id=11890 time=1632785050 user_id=122]
gene_golf,
I opened chsmcp's Links Computer Players spreadsheet with a program called Free Excel Viewer and I could see all of the ratings.
[/quote]

billw, Will check and try to find that program. Using MS Office 2007 Excel program here is what see in long irons for players starting with A in their first names.
Long Irons
Short Irons, Fairway Woods and Putting are much the same.
There is an exception afterwards.
Brendon Todd JULY 2021 273.9 75.36 64.24 1,736 60.58 57.03 3.6 70.887 16.2 6.4 15.2 6.7 8.7 -28,593.7 -28,540.5
This player has all attributes shown, but for the putting as do a few others.
Tiger's line looks like this here.
Tiger Woods JULY 2021 290.3 64.71 65 1,761 52.38 36.84 3.9 72.799 14.9 4.9 13.2 5.4 6.6 -29,006.2 -28,961.1
That is why said looked incomplete before.

Just downloaded and checked out, but having 2 Excel versions is confusing and would like to save spreadsheet information had previously without deleting it or going through trouble of copying from old Excel to new Excel if was smart enough to pull off. Thanks billw for your trying to help anyway.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

gene_golf wrote: September 27th, 2021, 8:26 pm[...]Adare Manor course[...] Perhaps John Brooks might think of giving this course a go and preview what RC players will encounter in 2027 as he has already done for Marco Simone, the next RC course situated in Italy. https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2402
Unfortunately Marco Simone was completely rebuilt in the past year, so the Ryder Cup version of the course in 2 years will play nothing like John Brooks version. I watched it some in the Italian Open a few weeks ago, seemed like quite a nice course, they said it had only just been opened since the rebuild. Would be nice to have the new one for Links, but there is essentially no elevation info, or even satellite imagery for the completed layout available as of now. On Google Earth/Maps it is the old layout that shows up in 3D and the latest historical image still shows it during construction. If we're lucky they will update the 3D info for the new layout before RC 2023, but I would definitely not bet on that. I took some images of the greens' main elevation features and have them saved just in case I'll find the time to do something with it during 2023, but I think it would be tough to make it, so I doubt I will find the time/energy for it unless JB or someone else is interested in making a simple version or starting point for the new layout, or unless they actually update it with 3D on Google Earth.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...