Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
bostonlefty

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by bostonlefty »

Thanks for the file size explanations -
just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on access to the Halfway Shack or the Cart Girl or something good.

:cheers1:
BL
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

I really have difficulty choosing one Wonderful Course. Often my perception of course "wonderfulness" varies, depending on how many beers and glasses of red wine I have consumed. :cheers1: In general I found the courses that several P.T.P. designers released here a while back are exceptional in design detail.

Currently my ani-buddies and I are playing various Canadian Courses (moving West to East) in a cumulative Links2003 Million Dollar Skins Challenge I set up, and I really enjoyed Chateau Whistler, but I didn't post it as "wonderful" because my wife and I stayed and played there many times over the years, so I felt I wasn't being impartial. I also play and like Lambton a lot because I caddied there when I was a teenager, and then when I was older played it a few times with a member I knew.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Captain Nemo wrote: November 20th, 2021, 6:34 pm I really have difficulty choosing one Wonderful Course. Often my perception of course "wonderfulness" varies,
That is the point - it is our perception - to one person it may be one course, 5,10 ect. To me it is what looks great and is playable. Just as I could name many courses as terrible - again more than one. It`s subjective for each one of us. :smile:

I will be ending postings of reviews after reaching 100 Courses - have now posted 93. I have had fun and have adjusted some of my top 100. Feel free to add your own wonderful courses - with not just the name but a short review of what you liked about it- that would be great.
I know I have missed many names and great courses - as there are so many - just not the time to play them all. Especially when (as in my case) have so many I already play again and again. I seldom go looking for another. By someone else continuing this - we all might find a gem that`s been missed. Have fun and enjoy the game! :yes:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Blue Rain Valley HD by Rand Herron, update by Lez Marwick Par 72 7392 yds. Nice looking course mixed trees throughout course - don`t want to get under them and normally shouldn`t. As you step on to first tee you will probably notice this course has smaller than usual greens - which do play easy by the way. Good size fairways - but for a few and lots of water. The planting of flowers and bushes adds to the looks of this course. Always nice to have some added colour. I would say gusty would be enough on this course. Looks great! :smile:
John B

Post by John B »

A course I never hear mentioned is Mountain Creek by Normand Gravel. It's a great looking course with a challenging and strategic layout. Unfortunately it seems to be the only course available by this designer, at least here on Links Corner. By the looks of this one though I'm sure he must have designed others, as this one is a real beauty.
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

On page two I posted a mini review of Mountain Creek - I don`t see his name listed for any others. :dunno:

Edit: Actually - this one I posted twice - it is on first page of posts as well. :yes:
Last edited by PinHi on November 22nd, 2021, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Cara Brae HD by Mike Jones Par 70 7036 yds. Excellent course built along side of ocean - hear sound of wind and water throughout your round. No water on course but still can be affected by it - where you come in close proximity with ocean. Plays great and looks very nice - can play tough due to narrowed fairways at landing areas at times but lots of areas to bail out to by choosing a shorter club. Love the look of sand bunkers. Greens are no pushover. Play with gusty and wind. Excellent! :smile:
John B

Post by John B »

PinHi wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 12:14 am On page two I posted a mini review of Mountain Creek - I don`t see his name listed for any others. :dunno:

Edit: Actually - this one I posted twice - it is on first page of posts as well. :yes:
Ahhh, yes you did. Good call! :thumbup:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Ash Mountain by Zeke Seidel & Curtis Killaly Par 70 6727 yds. Nice mountain panorama - mixed trees along fairways. Fairways and greens both look good and play good - greens will be a challenge at times - depending on where you land it. Nice planting of bushes and flowers. Water can come into play. Plays and feels like a members course - don`t ask me why - it just does. Can play in all conditions. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Black Rose Valley by Paul Seaman Par 72 6922 yds. Beautiful course with mountain panorama - lots of hidden fairways off tees but not a detriment at all. Has nice channel thru trees from tees at times. Tall pines forest - with long and heavy grass under trees and it looks very nice. Certainly notice you are playing in a valley on this course. Good size fairways and good greens - greens will make you work at times. Will need to use analyzer on these greens for a good read. Coming down 18th fairway - clubhouse up behind green and deck where (just think) every one is watching you. Can you birdie that 18th? Looks great and plays great. Play in all conditions. Beautiful! :smile: