Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Jimbo

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by Jimbo »

And in addition to Brooksie I'd also like to express my appreciation to some very special people with whom who I have had the special honour of nit-picking:

Francois for the great work on Lambton and, just two blocks over:
Sage, Glenn and Leo for...well we know what for! :clapping: :notworthy:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Spey Valley by Stewart Parker Par 72 7245 yds. Excellent golf course a challenge to keep it on short grass - also love look of the red heather through out the round. Plays great and looks great. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Shaking Tree by Bill Scott Par 72 7381 yds. This course has a very nice look to it. Plays great as well. Lots of sand and water to watch out for. Clubhouse looks good at end of round as well. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Eagle Mountain By Fred Briggson Par 72 7127 yds Tourney edition. Top notch mountain course and will play difficult with wind and breeze. Greens are a good challenge. Lots of water and trees to look out for. Risk - reward opportunities. Bunkers are in play quite often. Excellent! Always liked this course. A long time ago I use to play in the Eagle Mountain Golf association - that was many moons ago. Anyway this course looks great and plays great. :smile:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

A recommendation, Pinhi - you played a mountain course, so I've got another one for you to try. Currently being used at LSPN for a tournament: Zeitsbergen. Created by the APCD Guru, Lez Marwick, it's a beauty! I love mountain courses, and there are two real life courses I have enjoyed playing that, unfortunately, are not available in Links: Estes Park Golf Course in Colorado, and Luray Caverns Country Club in Virginia. Both of them are spectacular!

Pete
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Southern Pines CE 2001 Par 72 7048 yds. by Eddie Schmidt. An Oldie but Goldie. For its age - still a very beautiful course. Good green colour combinations - nice looking flower beds near each tee and in other areas. Lots of water. Good size fairways - large greens. Pine forest and clean underneath. Looks good and plays good. :smile:
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

Quidnet by John Weinrieb is brilliant, as are The Links at Ballylecum - with a 3D area that you can chip into and around - and Old Cypress Golf Course which he released as a Pay to Play. I don't think John ever got the recognition he deserved. All three of those courses are wonderful to play.
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Mountain Creek by Normand Gravel par 72 7466 yds. Very nice mountain course with one of the most beautiful mountain panoramas I`ve seen - excellent planting of flowers around tees. Actually great planting throughout course. Need to resist the urge to use driver on some holes. placement of tee shot is crucial to score well. Need to use green analyzer to get a better read of greens. Awesome course. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Milford Bay by Joe Cassar Par 72 7401 yds. Very nice - with view of Milford Bay from almost every tee and from fairway most times. Has a forest look with large hills or small mountain backdrop covered in a mostly pine forest. Course is open - fairways good and greens too. Excellent! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Battley Peak by Lez Marwick Par 72 7382 yds. Beautiful course - farmland panorama - stand out notable holes 6,8,11 and 15. Plays great and greens are tough with tiers and contour. Add wind and breeze - will play tough. May need to lower graphics a notch as it renders a bit slower than most. Very nice course! :smile: