Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Jimbo

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by Jimbo »

A real shame-this work was off the chart!!!
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Im a newbie here, would like to take the time to congratulate Sage on his Lighthouse Isle course, beautiful atmosphere created on this course, wonderful relaxing with the gentle sea waves wavs, I see your a prolific designer, many uploads, keep up your good work, your design work shows great promise, try and achieve what the heavyweights have achieved 1/Robert Miller 2/Curt Simms - Wenthworth .....WOW...3/Mike Jones and Eddie Schmidt..be great if you added more like Isle course with slightly longer par 4s and some par 5s with more changeling bunkers and added galleries to your courses, keep designing beautiful planting and texture blending...top notch..well done...
MrT

Post by MrT »

PinHi wrote: September 5th, 2021, 4:41 pm Wade Hampton 2021 by Ian Wells Par 72 7243 yds. Very nicely done - a lot of work went into making this course and it shows. Early fall with trees beginning to turn colour. Good colour combinations for fairways, greens and trees. Large readable greens. Nice housing seen occasionally throughout round. Play with no wind for a nice peaceful and relaxing round. Ideal! :smile:
Yes, Wade Hampton is a masterpiece. Sometimes, I go there to play and kick the ball around to go and see even the places where normally one would not go if playing properly. :notworthy:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Mr T,
Thank you :tiphat:
Ian
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Jon Weinrieb's Old Cypress.....off the chart stuff, simply amazing....I don't know if he is still designing courses...but if so...is likely to be the new Robert Miller !!....fantastic course all round.. :clapping:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

If you enjoy Links Style courses, Mr. Weinrieb's "The Links at Ballylecum Castle" has superb APCD work as well. Ocean views are beautiful, and it's pretty challenging as well. Play it using the "Carnoustie" sky....and you'll be virtually "transported" ,believe me.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Leigh Seaman's Rotherly Park....be a crime not to include in here..so +1....pity this designer didn't design more....great work... :thumbup:
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

McCoist for President...!!...what more needs to be said El Campo in fact just about all his courses...looks like him and Rob Miller must have been duke'n it out for texture blending suprimo for some time....masterful APCD work...... :clapping:

ps Danial Watsons pano on Cape Wraith......almost photo-realistic....simply fantastic....
mccoist

Post by mccoist »

Daniel is the man, you give him a bad looking course and it comes back looking good.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

re@McCoist....God only knows how you mastered the APCD to that level, my advice keep designing them...... :fcrossed: ...sublime craftmanship...hugely enjoyable courses to play...