Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
PinHi

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by PinHi »

Wade Hampton 2021 by Ian Wells Par 72 7243 yds. Very nicely done - a lot of work went into making this course and it shows. Early fall with trees beginning to turn colour. Good colour combinations for fairways, greens and trees. Large readable greens. Nice housing seen occasionally throughout round. Play with no wind for a nice peaceful and relaxing round. Ideal! :smile:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Thank you for the nice words of appreciation.
Ian
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Sasquatch Crossing by Zeke Seidel for Kent Perrins Par 72 7210 yds. Beautiful mountain course with doglegs just in the right places. Good colour combinations and planting of flowers make this course look superb. Pine tree forest with water to keep you focused. Nice wide fairways a plus for a forest course. Seen the Sasquatch on 17th near green. Plays very good and looks beautiful. Very nice. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

San Simeon by Paul Woodbury par 72 7661 yds. Another favourite of mine over the years. A very beautiful course - good fairways - nice use of water and it looks good - good greens and a beautiful mountain backdrop. Plays excellent. Perfect! :smile:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

PinHi wrote: September 7th, 2021, 3:11 pm San Simeon by Paul Woodbury par 72 7661 yds. Another favourite of mine over the years. A very beautiful course - good fairways - nice use of water and it looks good - good greens and a beautiful mountain backdrop. Plays excellent. Perfect! :smile:
Hi PinHi...

I've been enjoying your mini reviews of the courses. I'm curious what criteria you are using to choose them? Oldest first? Longest first? Or are they chosen randomly?

Thanks,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Choosing from my top courses over the years and trying at least to pick a different designer each time at least for a while. Playing each one again before I post what I like about it. I could never design like these designers have - have no idea about verts and all these other tech names. Just know what I like and thought I could at least express appreciation for what they have designed. I have TW08 and TGC1 and I do like them as well - but they are not even close in looks and playability to Links 2003. Spend most of my time with Links. Nice to know you appreciate my mini reviews - the real appreciation goes to the designers. :smile:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

PinHi wrote: September 8th, 2021, 2:42 am Choosing from my top courses over the years and trying at least to pick a different designer each time at least for a while. Playing each one again before I post what I like about it. I could never design like these designers have - have no idea about verts and all these other tech names. Just know what I like and thought I could at least express appreciation for what they have designed. I have TW08 and TGC1 and I do like them as well - but they are not even close in looks and playability to Links 2003. Spend most of my time with Links. Nice to know you appreciate my mini reviews - the real appreciation goes to the designers. :smile:
Thanks. I've played Links since the floppy disc version. I've kept my eye out for other golf sims throughout the years, but I agree that none of them compare to the feeling I get with Links. It is a classic for sure and the best of it's kind. I'm glad that they released the APCD. That's what kept this game alive all these years. I huge thanks to all of the talented designers that keep it going. :notworthy: :cheers1: :tiphat:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Serenity Hills by David Schmelzer Par 72 7324 yds. Beautiful course with an awesome farmland panorama. Plays tough as well with the many sand traps and pot bunkers just waiting to catch an errant shot. Not much in way of water to worry about - until 9th and 18th - wow. If you are going to go for it off tee - you best be on snap or take a lesser club and bail (not just 9 and 18 but all holes). No need for wind on this course. Looks great, plays great. Excellent! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

TPC Doral Blue Monster 2011 by Glenn Braden Par 72 7265 yds. This is a beautiful tropical course - looks great with the large bodies of blue water and large white sand bunkers. Set up for tournament play. Mostly flat fairways and easy greens - play this with breeze and windy conditions for an exiting round. Very well done - a gem! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Pine Mountain Lake by Sage Vanni Par 72 7258 yds. Very nice course - mountain backdrop - mostly pine forest. Fairways fairly straight to greens but each hole looks really good. Greens good, may need to use analyser to read. Loved 5th hole and the old building in the trees near green. 17 th very nice need to use draw off tee or face a long 2nd shot. Can play this one in breeze and wind. Great course - I like it!