Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
PinHi

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by PinHi »

Stansbury- beta by Peter Beckwith Par 72 7405 yds. Really nice looking golf course - reminds me of Wentworth West a bit because of the beautiful lush deciduous trees that line the fairways. Not much water to be a worry and fairways and greens are excellent. Looks great and plays good - want a challenge play with some wind. It`s great. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Torrey Pines South 2013 by Chuck Clark, Joe Otto and Matt Mcintosh par 72 7734 yds. This course is superb - many holes with view of the ocean. Nice open fairways. Hang gliders seen on a few holes. Long course and has US Open rough. Greens nicely contoured and at times tiered and will test your putting skills. Play with wind for a good challenge as it does sit along the ocean. One awesome course and a real pleasure to play. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Augusta National 2009 by Andrew Jones Par 72 7455 yds. Probably all of us are quite familiar with this course. One very very beautiful and clean course. The famous amen corner - 11,12 and 13th look so beautiful and can play tough as well. I really like the beauty of the 13th and it`s difficulty along with the 15th and even 18th can be tough one to par. This course will test all parts of your game. Superb design! :tiphat:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

TPC of Scottsdale-Stadium 2004 by Jess Gagnon update by Ross Mackenzie & Eric Dorsey Par 71 7149 yds. This is a very lush course for a desert - but made believable by some fair size bodies of water. Fairways are great and greens are on easy side. It plays on easy side as it is wide open - so for a tougher challenge need to play with gusty or windy conditions. I like it! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

OttawaGolf Great 18 by Dan Kilbank Par 72 6887 yds. Mountain course and looks beautiful in fall colours. Layout very well done. Elevations are the challenge on this course. Some greens too are a good challenge. 5 par 5s and 5 par3s on this course. Good course to play during mid fall. Couple holes need to watch how you line up your tee shot - 13th is one and I believe 15 is another or you might encounter unexpected trouble. Nothing wrong with hole - it`s just how you play it. Play in windy if you dare. Nice one. :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The Ottawa courses are very beautiful...it would be great if somebody would do the Ottawa Hunt Club (but I daid I wouldn't complain after St. George's).😉

...but the 2022 LPGA CP Canadian Open is slated for there... :naughty:
Last edited by Jimbo on September 24th, 2021, 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb Par 72 7187 yds. This is another I have always liked - usually play this at the beginning of every new year. Kind of like a warm up for another year of golf. This is a unassuming golf course until you add in wind - then it gets exciting. Near sea level and see ocean on some holes. Low panorama and looks very nice. Bunkers look good and sand in them looks like you could get plugged. Stay out of long grass as it may cost you a shot. Requires wind to make it feel authentic. Greens also can give you a challenge at times. Looks good and plays great. Nice! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Robert Trent Jones G.T. - Judge (2003) by Microsoft Par 72 7794 yds. Well Microsoft did put out a good course now and then and this is one. Along course with lots of water and bunkers just waiting for an errant shot. Good size fairways for the most part and greens will challenge you at times. Play windy at your own risk. Loved the opening hole on this course - just beautiful. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Le Versant by Lloyd Henchey Par 72 7131 yds. A really beautiful golf course cut out of a pine forest. Fairways are good , greens are good and has water that makes it look good. Planting of flowers at locations through out course add to it`s beauty. This is just a great course for looks and playability. Need to play with caution if you play in wind - even in calm conditions bunkers are in places that a missed snap might catch. Awesome! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Glen Abbey - Tournament by Len Kroese, Matt McIntosh and Glenn Braden Par 72 7253 yds. This is a very beautiful golf course - certainly enhanced by the updates. Beautiful parkland setting - with leaf trees for most part and lots of water. Set up for tournament play. Good size fairways and good size greens. Loved look of 11th from tee. This course looks great and plays great. Can play in windy conditions. For fall colours play the 2014 edition - looks good too. Very well done! :smile: