Wonderful Golf Courses

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
PinHi

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses

Post by PinHi »

Darwin Point by Shawn Kobold and Lez Marwick Par 72 7634 yds. Beautiful Golf course with a low mountain panorama - a new course in the sense of young evergreen trees planted along side of fairways maybe 8-12 yrs. old. Nice looking water that does come into play. Lots of sand traps and bunkers. Good size fairways and good greens. So many great holes -but the one standout for me is the Par 3 12th. Perhaps one of the nicest I have ever seen in Links. Can play this course in all conditions as its wide open. Could play a Major Championship on this one. What a Gem! :smile:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Thanks for the kind words. It's always nice to hear when people are enjoying your work. :smile:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
mccoist

Post by mccoist »

your art Lez
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

And I Thank you Lez for the wonderful golf courses and for sharing with all of us. And to all designers who have put in time and work on their designs and have uploaded them to share with us because of their love for the game. :yes:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Palmyra by Russell Gibson Par 72 7476 yds. Beautiful lush tropical golf course - loved the deeper green colours for fairways, rough and deep rough. Good size fairways and large greens. Greens will play tough at times. Nice look to course with the planting of bushes of red flowers in places. Loved the look from tee on 7th, 8th and 13th of the beach and trees and fitting umbrella stands on the beach. Nice touch. Can play this in all conditions. Awesome! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

The Bluffs at Ocean Point by John (SouthFla) Andersen Par 72 7368 yds. Course is an oldie and still a goldie - Built along the ocean and get a good view of it throughout the course along with the sound of waves. Mostly leaf trees along fairways and you don`t want to get under them - or may pay for it. Fairways area good size as well as greens and they both look good. Sand will give you some problems if you don`t pay attention. Greens will be the challenge on this course. I would say breeze and gusty are enough - can always try windy if your up to it. Still a good one! :smile:

PS: Will watch for an update on this one from Lez Marwick - if he still has the desire energy and time to take it on and finish it. Which ever - this one is still a great course to play. :yes:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Whistling Straits HD by Robert Miller Par 72 7953 yds. Really great looking course skirting along Michigan lake and seen on many holes along with sandy beaches at times. This is a long course and does not have trees and water to protect - but has rough and long grass and bunkers that do all that. Bunkers are done beautifully and there are many. Looks like a lot of work and love went into this course. Two tone fairways are good size and greens are ideal. Although it is long this course still needs windy and at least gusty to bring out the true nature of this course. Top notch course! :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Mansford Waters by by Leigh Seaman Par 73 7355 yds. Very lush course with lots of water - mostly leaf trees - fairways narrow at landing area at times - need to know when to go for it and when to hold back. This course has a rugged look about it. Keep it on the short grass if you want to score well. Excellent in playability and looks. Play in breeze only for a good challenge and gusty if you dare. Loved that Par 5 18th.Very nice. :smile:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Campo El Punetero by McCoist Par 72 7386 yds. Nice low mountain panorama - mixed forest - lots of water. 5 Par 5s and 5 par 3s. Rugged look to this course yet looks clean on course itself. Some nice planting of flowers in places - looks good. In playing this course in past when playing in practice mode found an issue on 5th tee and no matter what club I used from driver to a 9 iron it would duff my shot - so shelved it for some time. Loaded it up and could not duplicate that problem again - plays great. If your like I am - I at first thought this was not a very good course - partly due to difficulty of my poor eyes to distinguish fairway from lighter coloured rough from the Tee. Anyway - Fairways are great and have a very nice colour and texture to them - need to decide to go for it or lay back on some Tee shots due to way fairways are set up. Greens are good to read but this is where you will face a challenge - not unfair but you will need to work for a good score. Loved look off Tee at 6th, 7th and 8th. Can play in all conditions if your up to the challenge. You really have to play this one a few times to really appreciate the nuances of this course. The more I play this course - the more I like it. Awesome course! :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

PinHi wrote: November 11th, 2021, 1:43 pmIn playing this course in past when playing in practice mode found an issue on 5th tee and no matter what club I used from driver to a 9 iron it would duff my shot
This will happen (on any course) in practice mode if you hit a ball into a plugged lie and then either pick up and move around the ball to a new location or press to go to next hole without completing a shot (i.e. both performing and accepting the outcome) from the plugged lie. The game seems to still think your ball is plugged until you've completed another shot, regardless of where the new shot is played from. I think same thing happens with "plugged" (or whatever to call it) lies in rough or deep rough too (where the ball visibly is mostly hidden). Might happen if pressing "pick up ball" in normal play too, though I havent tested that.
Last edited by Adelade on November 11th, 2021, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...