In Links should a ball on a concrete cart path be played or given a free drop?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.

Poll ended at August 7th, 2021, 5:56 am

Played
32%
Free drop
68%

Total votes: 25

Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Thank you for the repsonse.
GoBucks

Re: In Links should a ball on a concrete cart path be played or given a free drop?

Post by GoBucks »

Typically, it's a free drop. But IRL, you have the option to drop or play as it is.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Captain Nemo

Re: In Links should a ball on a concrete cart path be played or given a free drop?

Post by Captain Nemo »

In my experience I have found that the lie on the cart path is usually6 better than the free drop which can be into benign looking rough that turns out to be quite penile. However, I am assuming that's because many designers don't bother to make the cart paths penile.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

I prefer to play it where it lies. No drop from cartpath. As already stated, many times, having to take a drop puts you in a bad spot for your next shot, while playing from the concrete is the same as playing from a fairway. No matter which of the options you choose, there is no penalty other than possibly getting a lousy next shot if you are forced to drop. Ideally it would be best if we were able to choose between the 2 options during the game.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added