LOOK!!! HOLLY CRAP!!!

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Guitarzan

Re: LOOK!!! HOLLY CRAP!!!

Post by Guitarzan »

I uploaded the old 1999 intro for kicks. The original video has a pretty small resolution so when uploaded to Youtube it's a little blurry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hMsKIbOuH8
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Yep I was correct in hoping that LS 1999 comes out as it has better graphics and also the 3 click system which is what I have used in pretty well every golf sim.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/links- ... 0-2535709/
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

And then Links LS 2000 came out with not much more than new courses but it was the icing on the LS cake.
Love, love the LS series! :thumbup: :kicking: :clapping:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

I'm curious, if you ran Links98 fine, I wonder if you could install Links 1999 or 2000 and then copy over the pertinent files from Links98 to get 2000 running on W10. Have you tried that? I noticed on the GOG forum someone stated that 98 and 2000 run basically the same. If that is the case I would buy Links 98 and run my 1999 with the right files. As of now I have Links 1999 installed but won't run so this would be a miracle.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Guitarzan wrote: June 26th, 2021, 12:29 pm I'm curious, if you ran Links98 fine, I wonder if you could install Links 1999 or 2000 and then copy over the pertinent files from Links98 to get 2000 running on W10. Have you tried that? I noticed on the GOG forum someone stated that 98 and 2000 run basically the same. If that is the case I would buy Links 98 and run my 1999 with the right files. As of now I have Links 1999 installed but won't run so this would be a miracle.
I mentioned that earlier in this thread but I'm quite certain a straight copy of files won't work. There are registry entries added and a batch file ran on LS98 install.
I'd need to have access to my Links 98 install on my Win XP PC to start comparing and looking at things but I took the CPU fan out of that PC to replace the thermal paste so I can't even start it atm.
I will take a look at some point.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Yeah, no worries, no rush. I thought I read this whole thread but somehow missed the part that you discussed. I waited this long so maybe I'll wait a little longer and see if they will put up Links 99 or 2000.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Guitarzan wrote: June 26th, 2021, 1:47 pm Yeah, no worries, no rush. I thought I read this whole thread but somehow missed the part that you discussed. I waited this long so maybe I'll wait a little longer and see if they will put up Links 99 or 2000.
Yes, I'm not even going to bother and try to get them working for a long time. Let's see if they get a GOG release first.
I have all the hardware to keep running the LS games on Win XP for the rest of my life but I would prefer to see them work on Win 10 so others can play them again.

You have a PM btw. :thumbup:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Failed to mention, there is one big issue with Links LS 2000 that really only a GOG release could fix on Win 10.
The Links LS 2000 installer doesn't run from the original version of the game which is what most people would have. Even if I managed to get LS 2000 working, most people could not install the game in the first place. The only way to enable people a way to install LS 2000 again on Win 10 would be illegal and I couldn't share it. A legal release would need to come from GOG.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

My version of LS2000 came through the Links Classic package that Microsoft put out. Bought that a long time ago. There is a site where you can D\L the LS2000 iso's that is not a virus ridden pirate Russian site but a reputable one but I won't list that here. I installed Links 1999 using a simple piece of software that makes a 16 bit installer compatible to 32 bit.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Guitarzan wrote: June 26th, 2021, 4:49 pm My version of LS2000 came through the Links Classic package that Microsoft put out. Bought that a long time ago. There is a site where you can D\L the LS2000 iso's that is not a virus ridden pirate Russian site but a reputable one but I won't list that here. I installed Links 1999 using a simple piece of software that makes a 16 bit installer compatible to 32 bit.
The Links Classic Package works but the original Links 2000 doesn't. Both installers are compatible with a 64bit operating system but for some unknown reason Win 10 doesn't like certain old installers. There is little info about this on the net. Most people just give up when their installer doesn't work.

Win 10 is a real pain and you can spend your life trying to find and fix all the things that Win 10 screws up. I have better things to do and just decided to stick to older operating systems if things don't function perfectly on Win 10. And there are many things that don't function perfectly.
Golf Sim Clubhouse