Links is back!!!!

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

Re: Links is back!!!!

Post by Still Linksing »

John B wrote: June 28th, 2021, 9:46 pm
Still Linksing wrote: June 28th, 2021, 7:28 pm
pmgolf wrote: June 28th, 2021, 5:43 pm I'm not surprised. 3-click. First impression: Sucks!

Pete
Let's not hold back here, it's poo poo. :thumbup: :laugh:
What didn't you like about it when you played it?
I didn't play it because I like to play offline tournaments and it doesn't have any!
I can't even hate it till it has something there to hate. I can only describe it as poo poo as it's good for nothing atm other than a flush down the toilet.

It'll be an online cash cow. :thumbup:

A "real" Links would be like the game with have now, let's not kid ourselves here. This game has nothing to do with Links. Shame Microsoft don't still own it. They would've at least came up with something reasonable imo. This mob is just relying on the name to grab extra $$$. It's not Links.

Long live the real Links no matter which version of it you prefer, LS or 2001/2003.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
John B

Post by John B »

I haven't played it, but then again I'm not calling it a crap game. I don't make comments like that on something that I haven't tried.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

John B wrote: June 28th, 2021, 10:40 pm I haven't played it, but then again I'm not calling it a crap game. I don't make comments like that on something that I haven't tried.
If a golf game can't give me what just about any golf game from more than 2 decades ago could give me, yes, I can qualify it as a crap game without trying it. :thumbup:

That's why we are where we are today. People will accept anything.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

John B wrote: June 28th, 2021, 10:40 pm I haven't played it, but then again I'm not calling it a crap game. I don't make comments like that on something that I haven't tried.
I thought as much. You haven't played it but you want me to tell you the troubles I had with it. What, are you an E6Golf representative or something? I didn't say I haven't played it because I have. I set up a player and I played 9 holes. But I don't want to discuss it with someone who just want to argue. It's crap! After trying it I don't want to spend any more time playing it. It pales when compared to 30-year-old (approx.) Links! :rant:

Pete
John B

Post by John B »

pmgolf wrote: June 29th, 2021, 12:16 am
I thought as much. You haven't played it but you want me to tell you the troubles I had with it. What, are you an E6Golf representative or something? I didn't say I haven't played it because I have. I set up a player and I played 9 holes. But I don't want to discuss it with someone who just want to argue. It's crap! After trying it I don't want to spend any more time playing it. It pales when compared to 30-year-old (approx.) Links! :rant:

Pete
Seems like you're quite a sensitive type fellow. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Pete. I won't ask your opinion on anything from now on.

Oh, and you're wrong on both counts, I'm not here to argue, nor am I an E6 Golf representative.

Good day to you Pete. :thumbup:
chad

Post by chad »

John B wrote: June 26th, 2021, 5:30 pm
chad wrote: June 26th, 2021, 5:01 pmIf course conversion isn't possible with E6, that is a deal-breaker for me. I'll still purchase and play it, but sparingly.
I thought E6 is going to be free.
Damn...when I saw that the expansion packs were DLC, I assumed the sim would be too. :(
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

I wasn't expecting too much to be honest but until they add RTS I won't even be able to form much of an opinion as my 70 year old reaction times aren't up to 3-click. :smile:
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

Just played a round. Its shit on the PC. 3 click only and swing meter is too quick.
Great for indoor golf simulation using Skytrack or MEVO but no good for the PC
Westernblue

Post by Westernblue »

Agree Slattery , swing metre is way too quick
pass on this game
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

OK, I guess I'll go ahead and ask the proverbial "dumb question". How does this developer 'TruGolf' have the copyright or "trademark" to use the LINKS
name in their game. I know it's called LINKS E6 , but it's still the Links name. Access started it, Microsoft legally purchased it....and then what happened ? Who officially owns that trademarked name now ? ( I'm sorry....most of this probably has been addressed thoroughly via other LC threads and entries....but I guess I'm not ambitious enough to find them. )
I haven't tried the game because according to the system requirements, I fall a bit shy of CPU speed and RAM. My graphics card may not cut it either.
But....everything works beautifully for the current version of LINKS that all of us are playing now.

Ron