Par 6 Holes

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
robsonbight1

Par 6 Holes

Post by robsonbight1 »

Has any of our gifted & creative designers, ever thought about a course or two that includes a Par 6 hole?

Par-6 holes
841 yards - hole 12 at Meadow Farms in Locust Grove, Va.
808 yards - hole 9 at the Links at Kahite Golf Course in Vonore, Tenn.
777 yards - hole 9 at The Links Golf Course in Post Falls, Idaho.
767 yards - hole 18 at Farmstead Golf Links in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
798 yards – hole 18 Lake Chabot Golf Course in California

The longest hole on Earth
Par-7 hole
1,098 yards – hole 3 Gunsan Country Club in South Korea
Adelade

Re: Par 6 Holes

Post by Adelade »

robsonbight1 wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 5:38 pm The longest hole on Earth
Par-7 hole
1,098 yards – hole 3 Gunsan Country Club in South Korea
I had to look that one up to see how long it was from the shorter tees. Dang, it says 933 yards from Ladies tees, I dont think a lot of ladies gonna be reaching that green in 5!

How many would you all need from the 982 yellow tees? :laugh: (Assuming you manage to avoid hitting it into the water along the whole left side :whistle: )
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

robsonbight1 wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 5:38 pm Has any of our gifted & creative designers, ever thought about a course or two that includes a Par 6 hole?
I don't think the APCD will allow a par 6. :unsure:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Danny D wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 5:13 am
robsonbight1 wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 5:38 pm Has any of our gifted & creative designers, ever thought about a course or two that includes a Par 6 hole?
I checked APCD and options are 3, 4 and 5 only.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

gene_golf wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 4:45 pm
Danny D wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 5:13 am
Another thing is, the APCD will not let us stretch out the yardages for each of the holes, without us having to jump through all kinds of hoops to cheat the maximum allowable yardage suggested by the APCD. And even then, I doubt anyone could even be able to create a 7 or 8 hundred yard
hole without it messing up the scorecard accuracy. Unless of course they choose the option to allow "non-regulation" holes, which we know has a bug in it that makes some of the cups invisible. :sad:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

Danny D wrote: April 24th, 2021, 3:26 am
gene_golf wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 4:45 pm
Danny D wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 5:13 am I don't think the APCD will allow a par 6. :unsure:
Another thing is, the APCD will not let us stretch out the yardages for each of the holes, without us having to jump through all kinds of hoops to cheat the maximum allowable yardage suggested by the APCD. And even then, I doubt anyone could even be able to create a 7 or 8 hundred yard
hole without it messing up the scorecard accuracy. Unless of course they choose the option to allow "non-regulation" holes, which we know has a bug in it that makes some of the cups invisible. :sad:
all of the above is why, "never say never" but,..i'll say it, its never gonna happen