What do people play these days?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Still Linksing

Re: What do people play these days?

Post by Still Linksing »

morvio100 wrote: April 12th, 2022, 10:51 am re: "I'm using a PC so Top Spin 4 is out as it's not on PC but I have played Top Spin 1 from 2003 and it's brilliant! Even the graphics still look good. Had Top Spin on the original Xbox first and then got it for PC. Total fun!".......
those ps3/xbox pc emulators are dang hard on cpu's ....just buy a ps3 jailbreak it, or buy a jailbroken one, some great deals on ebay, and dl all the old classic sports games at will, free ROMS can be sourced quite easily...happy days!!...Top Spin 4 was the last the last in the series....and is still the GOAT of all tennis games to date.....
I do have it to emulate it but haven't tried it to see how it will run. From what I remember reading my system should handle it quite well. I won't buy a PS3 because I wouldn't have enough use for it. I have all the old sports games on PC. I also have some of the Virtua Tennis titles which I've only quickly played but appear to be quite good as well. Then there are also one or two other tennis games I have. They are all good fun and Top Spin is the one I played the most and it really got me chasing after other tennis games.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Get what your saying ...but emulators are still kind of very experiential tbh and very hard on hardware....."you wouldn't have enough use for a PS3"....I didn't think so either till I got one....lol (Going to hold out a while to get a PS5 until the library gets a little more extensive also there very hard to get)..Just finished a round at Wentworth..Superb course !!...cant wait to try the LVT add on....looks great...just reading up on how to start the career stuff.....thumb's up to the LVT creator, :clapping:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Only issue with Wentworth it crashes with the Green Analyzer. Personally I don't use the GA any longer on any course just to make putting tougher and to force myself to remember greens in my head.
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

morvio100 wrote: April 12th, 2022, 7:03 pm cant wait to try the LVT add on....looks great...just reading up on how to start the career stuff.....thumb's up to the LVT creator, :clapping:
Check this out as another option for VT's:
Golf Sim Virtual Tournament (GSVT)
Golf Sim Clubhouse
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Thanks for the link for the other Tourney creator....the LVT I think lets you set individual hole wind speed ...I don't think you set parameters to set a wind direction shift - the ai I think can be set to lose confidence or be handicapped in some way also I think which looks interesting...looks like it is set to be released soon, its creator has been adding data I think....im on the hunt for a good evning/or sunset sky some of Daniels skies are great and work great with the Links/Dunes courses but trying to find a summer or Autumn evening sky .....hard to find one....