What do people play these days?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
epsilonindi

What do people play these days?

Post by epsilonindi »

I was a longtime lurker here after the release of Links 2003. My favorite courses were Mike Jones’ Old Burns’ Links and Bethpage Black by Dominique Bois and that big cooperative Augusta National project, and all kinds of others, like Stonebridge and Burnt Pine and Brookline and Wagga Wagga and Desert Canyon and Palmetto Dunes... I could go on and on though.

I haven’t played much PC golf in the last 15 years, and was wondering what people are playing now? I’ve seen screenshots of E6 Connect golf, but it looks like it’s only for golf swing simulators. I tried Perfect Parallel, but it was hard to use. I’ve also seen clips of PGA Tour 2K21, but it doesn’t have an impressive course catalog and the graphics don’t have the level of detail to be immersive. I kind of expected better graphics in a PC golf game after 15 years away! Is there a game I’m missing? What does everyone play these days?

-Ryan
Jimbo

Re: What do people play these days?

Post by Jimbo »

I took a few years off Links but realized I could never stay away. I'm now playing online-something I'd never done before and after "nit picking" other designers' "real" courses I finally bit the bullet and installed the APCD and am looking at the YouTube...it's HARD! :scared:
Last edited by Jimbo on April 20th, 2021, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Ryan, just about everyone on here believes that Links 2k3 is the most realistic golf sim out there. It has just gotten better over the 15 years you've been away. And there are so many great courses thanks to the hard work of our designers now. Just go to LSPN.Net---sign up and enjoy. :thumbup:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

epsilonindi wrote: April 17th, 2021, 2:58 amIs there a game I’m missing? What does everyone play these days?
Modern sport games in particular have gone backwards. I play the old golf games, today, tomorrow and the remainder of my life. :thumbup:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
cloeks1

Post by cloeks1 »

The people who made Linksls loved golf.....the people who made 2k21 love money.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Still Linksing wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:54 am
epsilonindi wrote: April 17th, 2021, 2:58 amIs there a game I’m missing? What does everyone play these days?
Modern sport games in particular have gone backwards. I play the old golf games, today, tomorrow and the remainder of my life. :thumbup:
Welcome back ..... We missed you! :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Danny D wrote: April 20th, 2021, 3:20 am
Still Linksing wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:54 am
Welcome back ..... We missed you! :cheers1:
Thanks Danny. Very rare I've ever had anyone say that to me on Links Corner! :laugh:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

///// "Modern sport games in particular have gone backwards. I play the old golf games, today, tomorrow and the remainder of my life " /////

Great observation....I was recently struggling to get a good tennis game...modern iterations ate dismal...got a ps3 version of top spin 4....more than pleased I've no idea how old it is ...it was made i think 11/12 years ago ....everything about it is just spot on 2kchech created a masterpiece....same goes for links 2k3 ...simply put... physics engine must have been way ahead of its,...its re-playabillity is immense because of the great physics, it is still ahead of the the pack to this day, 19 yrs later...(I stupidly took a risk and bought JNPG of steam and was very dis-appointed - its physics are not in the same league as 2k3 Links) and with the tireless dedication of the hardworking designers on here is likely to carry on whell into the future, it seems studios have dumbed downed a lot of sports games in recent times the last good years of fifa where 09/10 they reworked the physics engine in fifa 11 to the detriment of the series, from 11 on the series was soley designed to bleed people dry of money...with Links Corner we are spoiled in that we can dl all these great ad-ons and courses free, so much thanks to all who continue to create and improve the game.... :clapping:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

morvio100 wrote: April 11th, 2022, 12:26 pm ///// "Modern sport games in particular have gone backwards. I play the old golf games, today, tomorrow and the remainder of my life " /////

Great observation....I was recently struggling to get a good tennis game...modern iterations ate dismal...got a ps3 version of top spin 4....more than pleased I've no idea how old it is ...it was made i think 11/12 years ago ....everything about it is just spot on 2kchech created a masterpiece....same goes for links 2k3 ...simply put... physics engine must have been way ahead of its,...its re-playabillity is immense because of the great physics, it is still ahead of the the pack to this day, 19 yrs later...(I stupidly took a risk and bought JNPG of steam and was very dis-appointed - its physics are not in the same league as 2k3 Links) and with the tireless dedication of the hardworking designers on here is likely to carry on whell into the future, it seems studios have dumbed downed a lot of sports games in recent times the last good years of fifa where 09/10 they reworked the physics engine in fifa 11 to the detriment of the series, from 11 on the series was soley designed to bleed people dry of money...with Links Corner we are spoiled in that we can dl all these great ad-ons and courses free, so much thanks to all who continue to create and improve the game.... :clapping:
Have to comment on this:
I'm using a PC so Top Spin 4 is out as it's not on PC but I have played Top Spin 1 from 2003 and it's brilliant! Even the graphics still look good. Had Top Spin on the original Xbox first and then got it for PC. Total fun!
Golf Sim Clubhouse
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

re: "I'm using a PC so Top Spin 4 is out as it's not on PC but I have played Top Spin 1 from 2003 and it's brilliant! Even the graphics still look good. Had Top Spin on the original Xbox first and then got it for PC. Total fun!".......
those ps3/xbox pc emulators are dang hard on cpu's ....just buy a ps3 jailbreak it, or buy a jailbroken one, some great deals on ebay, and dl all the old classic sports games at will, free ROMS can be sourced quite easily...happy days!!...Top Spin 4 was the last the last in the series....and is still the GOAT of all tennis games to date.....