Corrupted course downloads

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Daniel

Re: Corrupted course downloads

Post by Daniel »

Have you tried using a download manager here is a free one nothing to lose if you try it.
https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
FOOOOORE!

Re: Corrupted course downloads

Post by FOOOOORE! »

ChuckyB: I too have had this problem many times now, and only on this site! Most files download and extract just fine; others, strangely enough, I re-download exactly the same way, and usually they extract correctly the second time. For reference, I use Internet Download Manager for the actual downloads, and then WinRAR to extract them. This site is the ONLY site that seems to give IDM trouble, and only occasionally (I'm seeing a bit more of it lately as I collect some of the highly-rated courses from the recently posted database). If a file fails to extract, I bring up IDM's list of items I've DL'd, and select "Redownload". That usually fixes it, but I have no idea why; presumably it downloads exactly the same data the second time, and if not, why not? -- when it works everywhere else flawlessly. Once, I needed to redownload a second time, and that time it worked. I have DL'd countless files from Youtube, many manuals & drivers from tech sites, news & sports videos, without a single error other than an occasional abort due to poor wifi signal. And I'm talking about at least a decade's worth of data with those two utilities. As for Explorer, I've never used it for extracting files, and in fact I don't even use it to navigate files on my system (XYplorer, or just about anything else, is superior).