long time player a long time ago

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
nickpasich

Re: long time player a long time ago

Post by nickpasich »

The next time I went in to play, it gave me the ability to change screen resolution AND to play the gamer in a window. So all is well! Thanks for your help.
nickpasich

Post by nickpasich »

Isnt there a setting to change the size of the swing gauge? I use the Classic swing technique. Also, I thought there was a setting for having the caddy pick you clubs. I have a checkmark in the use caddy option.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

There is a checkbox in the Game Options that says "Use short swing meter", but it has no effect on the RTS swing meter. Maybe it affects the classic swing meter. I don't know.

And for the caddie, enabling it makes the game select the "best guess" for whatever your club should be - but don't take it for gospel because it's occasionally wrong. If you don't think it's working, uncheck it and you will quickly find out what it does when you still have a driver in your hands and you're in a fairway trap. :smile:

Pete
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hallo,

Is there no setting to change the size of the swing meter?

No, the size of the swing meter can only be changed with the graphic resolution.
A larger monitor would also be an option :thumbup: .

E.g. my swing meter is 5.0 x 2.75 inches with a graphic resolution of 1920x1200.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: January 16th, 2021, 12:12 pm There is a checkbox in the Game Options that says "Use short swing meter", but it has no effect on the RTS swing meter. Maybe it affects the classic swing meter. I don't know.

Pete
Also, in the round itself, in the bottom pop-up menu bar: Shot Options (2nd from left), Swing Options, Use Large Swing Gauge. Right below that option, there is the option to use "Highly Visible Swing Gauge".
And it does affect classic swing.
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

GoBucks wrote: January 16th, 2021, 2:09 pm
pmgolf wrote: January 16th, 2021, 12:12 pm There is a checkbox in the Game Options that says "Use short swing meter", but it has no effect on the RTS swing meter. Maybe it affects the classic swing meter. I don't know.

Pete
Also, in the round itself, in the bottom pop-up menu bar: Shot Options (2nd from left), Swing Options, Use Large Swing Gauge. Right below that option, there is the option to use "Highly Visible Swing Gauge".
And it does affect classic swing.
Thanks, Dave! I knew I'd seen that some place but I couldn't remember where!

Pete
nickpasich

Post by nickpasich »

I just cant get the caddy feature to work. I even created a new golfer with the caddy chosen at the beginning. Yet when I go to play a round, it keeps defaulting to the driver for every shot.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Caddies can be enabled/disabled in 3 places.

1. On the first page of the "Players" screen (you get to it by selecting "Options" on the main screen).

2. By selecting "Play Golf" on the main screen, then choose "New Round" and choose your course, then you get to the screen where you select the "Player" you want to use - "Caddie" checkbox option to the right.

3. In the "Email round settings" screen - used by people running tours.

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

There are some tour events where the caddy is not allowed. Would you be trying to play one of those? Or are you just playing a round?
No matter where you go, there you are.
nickpasich

Post by nickpasich »

Way too rusty to be into any tourneys ...yet