Is EA getting things right? - Links 2k3 Threat Alert !

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
JDocBurns

Re: Is EA getting things right? - Links 2k3 Threat Alert !

Post by JDocBurns »

"I also Play JN6, which runs perfectly in Win 11, but I would be happy if someone created a better looking JN6 to be 2nd to Links 2003 or, maybe, a better looking Links 2003 with improved sound and animations (trees moving and leaves rustling in the wind and animated crowds etc.), and maybe adding the shot shape arrow from JN6."

I also played JN6/GBC and LOVED it! What a great fun game. I was able to play the funnest tour of anything I wanted. I played a long Legends Tour with players from any era and you could actually assign a number of quality to them. Jack and Arnie and Gary would be the best of the best and given ,say and 8 as their level then you could have Byron Nelson, Sam Snead, etc etc at 7 all the way down to what ever. I had all the greats and favorites alike in my tour from The Big Three to say, Davis Love and Peter Jacobsen and Curtis Strange and my favorites of the 60's, 70's and 80's and even the greats and favorites from the 20's,30's, 40's and 50's. I had a ton of courses and it was funner than anything Links ever had. JN6 was a great fun game and playing online was great fun also. Very few tweaks and I meand very few tweaks and that game would still be on my computer. It's I just read this cuz 2 days ago I had got my JN6/GBC back out. At the moment I play Links but I play WGT, the one that plays on the actual real courses but the games has too many bugs and there are only like 8 courses but playing on the real course itself is awesome. I played the real Pebble and it's being there again. Anyway, Good Health & Good Music.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

How much is JN6 paying you? :nono:
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

I may be wrong here....but...I watched some of those vids again last week...and tbh...the ball seems not to CONNECT with the surface correctly...its like its landing miniscually ABOVE THE surface...like it does on FIFA games...and low and behold ...i think this latest iteration of ea golf games is coded with the FROSTBITE engine....reckon Link23 ...is still leader of the pack..when it comes to physics....still envious of those swanky looking shadows though....Augusta looks fanatsic...in fairness to them(EA)....this may sound bitter here....but shame on you EA ....for greedily buying up official football licenses for the last 10 yrs ...and nearly destroying football gaming....thank you KONAMI for producing PES 2019.....the only football game worth playing IN THE LAST 10/12 yrs....went off in a tangent there...apols....lol