FARMERS INSURANCE

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

FARMERS INSURANCE

Post by Jimbo »

Why does the San Diego Open start and finish a day early?
Jim Nantz isn't flying back to Buffalo...😄
...and I even spelled his name right!
JimEvers37

Re: FARMERS INSURANCE

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

I thought I was nuts because my TV said Final Round of the tournament so I went to Google and asked if it knew why the tournament ended today and it reminded me that the Farmers Open used to be in the prime spot of the week before the Super Bowl when there is no football (unless you count the Pro Bowl) and that was why the tournament started on Wednesday and ended on Saturday. Your friend, Mr Nantz was in Kansas City for tomorrow's AFC Title game on CBS and on the broadcast remotely from there. Hopefully the weather is better for Mr Nantz in Kansas City than his home away from home Buffalo. Still waiting for my refund for the AFC Championship game in Atlanta LOL.

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I guess they'll have to take a look at Phoenix. I don't think that the crowd at 16 will appreciate missing o e day of their TV spot!😄
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

I think the Phoenix Open prides itself on the 16th hole crazies and finishing on Super Bowl Sunday, and if I remember correctly they move up the time of the final round when the Super Bowl is on CBS.

BTW-Mr Nantz can't catch a break as it is 22 degrees in KC, while in Buffalo it is a balmy 29 degrees, he'll get to broadcast from his backyard next week at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

Jim