LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
FOOOOORE!

Re: LIV

Post by FOOOOORE! »

So now there is a six-week break, other than the Hero World Challenge and QBE Shootout. This is where players will sit down with their agents and figure out what to do in early 2023. Should be very interestng.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The lesser tours will become " lesser" even though younger players will benefit?
And what effect will LIV on the Senior Tour?
BTW, I intend to stay with the Links PGA tour-as long as Sage & Co. keep cranking t out their great PGA courses! :fcrossed:
Last edited by Jimbo on November 27th, 2022, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm wondering what effect if any the Liv tour is going to have on the PGA Seniors? AS far as the "Lesser"er tours are concerned it's gonna be a case of people moving up and young players getting breaks on tours like the Canadian. As for me I'm staying with the PGA as long as Sage and Company keep turning out those great tour courses!👍
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Jimbo wrote: November 27th, 2022, 12:05 am I'm wondering what effect if any the Liv tour is going to have on the PGA Seniors? AS far as the "Lesser"er tours are concerned it's gonna be a case of people moving up and young players getting breaks on tours like the Canadian. As for me I'm staying with the PGA as long as Sage and Company keep turning out those great tour courses!👍
The danger with "younger people moving up" in the PGA is LIV is also open to those younger players still in college, or still playing the Corn Ferry tour & others. LIV is going to be extremely attractive to players like that who may or may not ever reach the PGA. All we can do now is wait until January and see what happens. BTW, I had to laugh when I see McIlroy telling us Norman has to step down before there can be any dialogue between the two Tours. Will McIlroy step down too, and just let Monahan do the talking, because he is just as big-mouthed. As far as the Seniors tour goes, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the players that are still in decent shape play LIV instead. Think Vijay Singh and Bernhard Langer if this had happened 10 years ago. This is really reaching, but how about Tiger Woods, once he retires from the PGA Tour? By that time LIV might be using carts. But really, he doesn't even need the money from either Tour.

And yes, thanks to Sage for all these courses. I still need to tweak this laptop so I don't have the green "Links" sky, but I've been busy with other things lately.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Maybe LIV will have a Canadian event rather than screwing with what we have now! :rant:
They could move around the country-unlike the PGA.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I see LIV's initial plan was to take PGA's top-12 players, including Woods and McIlroy. That didn't work out quite the way they wanted, with McIlroy becoming the main PGA mouthpiece. As for Woods, their miscalculation was that he doesn't really need the money; apparently he's earning $248 per second! What he does need is a bionic replacement for his lower right leg. Somewhere, somebody has the capability to do it. Sure, it would be experimental, but Woods has little to lose at this point, and he has the money to finance it. If someone were to tell him, barring further injury, a bionic leg would give him another 5-10 years of competitive golf, that should get his attention. ok, I know what you're thinking: "Steve Austin, a man barely alive.." :laugh: But strange how a lot of science fiction becomes reality.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

16 LIV players will be invited to play the 2023 Masters tournament, as Augusta National chairman Fred Ridley has determined they are eligible to play. Should be fun times in April :tongue: Upon hearing this, surely there must be some PGA players thinking they could jump to the LIV and still play the 2023 Masters.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The Masters has said that all previous Masters winners to be invited back-and (I know I'm in the wrong thread but...) the VT has programmed it-Mike is UN...F...ING BELIEVABLE!!!

But, because I'm the Nitpicker, I've e-mailed him a brief list of "Nits" that I "Picked". (I have to protect my reputation!) :rofl:

LVT vs LIV...can get a little confusing... :rant:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Jimbo wrote: December 21st, 2022, 7:12 pm The Masters has said that all previous Masters winners to be invited back
It's going to be a cooler April than usual, especially in the locker room. Too bad Greg never won a Masters, it'd be great to see him there as well :laugh: Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if a scuffle or two broke out, there are some hot heads involved. And just imagine the chaos if someone like Cameron Smith wins, or DJ.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

"Mito Pereira is set to join LIV Golf for its upcoming season, according to the Telegraph." -- whoever that is! Not quite one of the top-ranked players they hope to grab.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/mito-p ... graph-2023