LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
FOOOOORE!

LIV

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Anyone taking note of the PGA players signing up for the LIV Tour? My prediction is by next June the PGA will be in full panic mode trying to keep top players from chasing the big bucks in Saudi Arabia ($125M to DJ just for showing up!). The PGA threatens to bar those players from PGA events, but is that really in their best interests? This is NHL vs WHA all over again.
sagevanni

Re: LIV

Post by sagevanni »

The world is run by $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unfortunate but true.................

Sage................ :mad:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

How much is DJ losing in sponsorship money with RBC dropping him? They also dropped Graeme McDowell. UPS dropped Lee Westwood.

That's usually a lot of money!
No matter where you go, there you are.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

I'm pretty sure these guys will all be just fine, hold off on starting GoFundMe pages for them!

Jim
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

GoBucks wrote: June 5th, 2022, 3:58 pm How much is DJ losing in sponsorship money with RBC dropping him? They also dropped Graeme McDowell. UPS dropped Lee Westwood.

Probably quite a bit, but it won't be a lump sum as it's rumored the Saudis are doing. For someone like Kevin Na, it probably makes much more sense, he'll always be a fringe player on the PGA.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

JimEvers37 wrote: June 5th, 2022, 8:37 pm I'm pretty sure these guys will all be just fine, hold off on starting GoFundMe pages for them!

Jim
Ever see DJ's crummy little shack? I could (maybe) afford to rent that little thing off the pier in the middle of that mosquito/gator park.

https://www.lonny.com/Every+Home+Dustin ... Palm+Beach
Last edited by FOOOOORE! on June 6th, 2022, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

GoBucks wrote: June 5th, 2022, 3:58 pm How much is DJ losing in sponsorship money with RBC dropping him? They also dropped Graeme McDowell. UPS dropped Lee Westwood.

I mentioned it in another post but the Royal Bank of Canada was originally (and still is) set up to benefit the development of Canadian golf and golfers. Dustin was the "Big Name" due to his relationship to Wayne Gretzky-it made him very popular at the Canadian Open, but no longer. I imagine that his father-in-law is not very happy. :nono:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Jimbo wrote: June 6th, 2022, 4:05 am
GoBucks wrote: June 5th, 2022, 3:58 pm
I imagine that his father-in-law is not very happy. :nono:
Funny how things go, but Gretsky is despised in his home town, even so much that the statue of him with his family has been vandalized. He's no stranger to controversy.
AGLZZ

Post by AGLZZ »

Does anyone else notice that most of these guys in their 40's and not really competitive on the PGA or DP tours.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Na is a very good golfer-no argument there-but the big name...and the one with the most recognition among non-golf fans...is DJ...who is now persona non-grata in these parts! :mad: :rant:
Last edited by Jimbo on June 10th, 2023, 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.