LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Duck Hook

Re: LIV

Post by Duck Hook »

The silence from the DP Tour is deafening...
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Here's who's signed up for LIV this far, I count 51! Admittedly, many of these guys we've never heard of, but surely some of them were the future of the PGA?

Here are the players who have officially signed up so far, with Koepka, DeChambeau and Reed also reportedly on the way for the next one:

Phil Mickelson
Dustin Johnson
Shaun Norris
Oliver Bekker
Kevin Yuan
Justin Harding
Ratchanon Chantananuwat
Chase Koepka
Wade Ormsby
Matt Jones
Ryosuke Kinoshita
Blake Windred
Martin Kaymer
Pablo Larrazabal
JC Ritchie
Ian Snyman
Kevin Na
Sadom Kaewkanjana
Hideto Tanihara
Viraj Madappa
Sihwan Kim
Scott Vincent
Jinichiro Kozuma
Itthipat Buranatanyarat
Peter Uihlein
Richard Bland
Phachara Khongwatmai
Travis Smyth
Ian Poulter
Lee Westwood
Sam Horsfield
Laurie Canter
Louis Oosthuizen
Hennie Du Plessis
Charl Schwartzel
Branden Grace
Sergio Garcia
James Piot
David Puig
Jediah Morgan
Graeme McDowell
Bernd Wiesberger
Turk Pettit
Oliver Fisher
Talor Gooch
Hudson Swafford
Adrian Otaegui
Andy Ogletree

-- 53 if you look at this list on Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIV_Golf
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

56 members as of June 28, 2022. Matthew Wolff, Carlos Ortiz and World No.2 amateur Eugenio Chacarra have just been added.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

"The DP World Tour and the PGA TOUR have moved to significantly strengthen not only their existing alliance but also help develop players to compete at the pinnacle of men’s professional golf, by unveiling a ground-breaking new 13-year operational joint venture partnership."

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2022/06/28 ... iance.html

Incredibly, the author of this story which is obviously aimed at countering LIV Golf, wrote the entire thing without once mentioning LIV. But it is PGAtour.com, so about what you'd expect.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Interesting viewpoint here from Reed and Perez:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/patric ... r-liv-golf

..and good article on the whole shebang here:

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/how ... ung-stars/
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Whatever anyone thinks of Reed and the whole situaion, he makes some valid points. The PGA tour is currently reaping what it sowed.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duck Hook wrote: June 29th, 2022, 8:43 am Whatever anyone thinks of Reed and the whole situaion, he makes some valid points. The PGA tour is currently reaping what it sowed.
I don't mind a few guys like Reed. There so many cookie-cutter players out there, we need a few loose cannon to keep it interesting. I'll never forget Justin Leonard telling us he sorts his socks by colour in the drawer. I like that these players are exposing things about the PGA they likely wanted to be kept quiet.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

FOOOOORE! wrote: June 30th, 2022, 4:59 amI like that these players are exposing things about the PGA they likely wanted to be kept quiet.
What have they really exposed though? While I have no trouble believing that "PGA doesnt listen to players" and traditionally just keep doing things however they want (one can draw a lot of parallels to Soccer and Fifa), I was expecting to hear some dirty examples or something, but Im not seeing any(?)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

What they have exposed is that the PGA Tour isn't "everyone on the same page", "one big happy family" as they pretend to be, Jim Nancy being a prime example of the PGA's squeaky-clean image they try to portray (I still recall him referring to someone on Tour as a "good Christian man" -- that was never heard again, ditto Webb Simpleton thanking Jesus for helping a little white ball roll into a little round hole). What LIV does is expose the ugly underbelly of organizations such as the PGA, that expend a lot of effort maintaining the holy grail of "meritocracy", which, if you have read some of the links I provided, is a veritable meat-grinder process that allows only a very few players to eventually get their PGA ticket. And please, don't anyone embarrass themselves by claiming Monahan was going to increase purses anyway by $5M next season, or that he'd already planned on introducing a more amenable schedule that is easier on players, or that he was just about to announce this huge cooperative effort with DP Golf, even without influence from LIV. Monahan is currently in full damage-control mode, looking over his shoulder to see if Ricky Fowler or maybe Jon Rahm will be the next to leave.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Fooooore!
a veritable meat-grinder process that allows only a very few players to eventually get their PGA ticket
I don't understand what you mean by this. Will you please help me?

If you were the head of the PGA Tour, or the LIV or the DP, how would you allow many players to get their playing ticket, for whichever tour?

Ian