LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
sagevanni

Re: LIV

Post by sagevanni »

The saudis have a BRUTAL justice system.........................Just sayin'

Sage............. :scared:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It gives a new definition to the term "head cover"...but take a look at things like F1...they appear to have few issues about working in that neighbourood.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Adelade wrote: July 4th, 2022, 1:11 pm Someone voiced the argument that "by joining the LIV tour, youre not supporting the Saudis, you're robbing them of their money" :laugh: Mostly feels like an excuse, but perhaps they have a minor point (albeit weak)? Im thinking the Saudis arent necessarily interested in turning a profit though, I imagine they see it all as a for-them-very-affordable transaction for the prestige.
As some writer pointed out, funny how no one is jumping on the NBA for its close ties to China.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

sagevanni wrote: July 4th, 2022, 2:11 pm The saudis have a BRUTAL justice system.........................Just sayin'

NA's, Europeans tend to forget that democracy isn't a sort of default form of government in many countries. Arab countries tend to be very patriarchal-do-as-I-tell-you-or-else. I lived in Egypt for four years, and anytime I walked outdoors in Alexandria, from wherever I was standing I could see either a cop or a soldier -- and there's not really much difference.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

FOOOOORE! wrote: July 5th, 2022, 3:29 am
sagevanni wrote: July 4th, 2022, 2:11 pm The saudis have a BRUTAL justice system.........................Just sayin'

NA's, Europeans tend to forget that democracy isn't a sort of default form of government in many countries. Arab countries tend to be very patriarchal-do-as-I-tell-you-or-else. I lived in Egypt for four years, and anytime I walked outdoors in Alexandria, from wherever I was standing I could see either a cop or a soldier -- and there's not really much difference.
Maybe if there was a competing league (in F1 or basketball or even hockey) that had major Euros behind it then "democracy" and "civil rights" might mean a little more to the "big" organization.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

It will get interesting if an LIV player wins the Open. There are plenty in contention. Re Woods: Maybe it's time to hang 'em up. If all that money and physical therapy/treatment can't do any better than that, then why bother? He's trying his hardest, and it's still not anywhere good enough. And he's not the type who's going to play at Wake Forest and get all excited if it's win #83.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I don't think "interesting" is how it will be seen by the R&A, the DP and the PGA. :rant:

Is there a bonus paid by LIV if one of their members wins The Open? I will be surprised if there isn't.

Ian
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

The motto of the R&A is ' Golf is open to all ', there should be no angst on their part. :smile:

Great to see my little Aussie mate claim his first major. What a year: 34 under par at Kapalua, the players and now the 150th Open.

:cheers1:
T
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Ian Wells wrote: July 16th, 2022, 11:51 am I don't think "interesting" is how it will be seen by the R&A, the DP and the PGA. :rant:

Is there a bonus paid by LIV if one of their members wins The Open? I will be surprised if there isn't.

Ian
I don't know about bonus unless you count sticking a finger in the eye of the R&A :tongue: Imagine one of those suits having to hand the trophy and check over to someone like DJ or Garcia. There's still the problem of world ranking points to be sorted out. The PGA will no doubt try to exclude LIV from WGR points. I notice there haven't been any defectors lately, the last couple of weeks. Maybe some of those who would have crossed over are having second thoughts after seeing the fallout. It's still about 55 players.
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

I always liked David Feherty, so disappointed in his move.