LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Duck Hook

Re: LIV

Post by Duck Hook »

Great performance from Cam Smith today, just about carried his team to victory. Still, great performance from the Aussies to finish just one behind. Who would have thought Pat Perez would come out and shoot 2 under ????
Also good to see that the R & A have made the right descision to allow liv golfers to compete at the Open Championship next year. I would expect the US Open and PGA Championship to follow suit. The Masters on the other hand will most likely stick to their pretentious ways and do whatever they want.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I cringe every time I hear "toonamint" and they all look like funeral home directors. Much as I like that course, I'd still like to see the Masters rotate between several other courses.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

lol.......There is not much about masters that isn't cringeworthy. The whole carry on just irritates the crap out of me now. It's a distant last of the majors for me. I appreciate you and others no doubt like the course, but for me it's overrated to the shithouse. One truly great hole and a couple of other maybe good ones but that's about it. One bloke wrote if it wasn't for Bobby Jones and Alister Mackenzie no-one would give a crap, i tend to agree. It's Augusta National's "toonamint", there is more chance of next year's open championship being held in the sea of tranquility than the Masters ever moving from Augusta. :smile:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

What's with you guys? Trying to be as offensive and hateful as possible at a golf site? Why?
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Pete, we are just having a conversation. We might have different opinions on certain things than what you might have but we are no way being hateful and offensive. I will stand by my comments on the Masters, that's my opinion, others might disagree. That's just the way it is. I assumed we could talk about golf related topics on a golf site :dunno:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duck Hook wrote: October 31st, 2022, 9:21 am lol.......There is not much about masters that isn't cringeworthy. The whole carry on just irritates the crap out of me now. It's a distant last of the majors for me.

I had to laugh when Scott Hoch first went to Augusta and went down Magnolia Lane: "What's the big deal? It's just a buncha trees!" And I recall the earlier years when they wouldn't allow the first nine holes to be televised; plus the "patrons" vs "gallery" thing. I think many of us just got to know that course so well, every nuance, that it was something familiar to look forward to every year. The Masters is won or lost on the greens, not the very forgiving fairways and rough.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Betcha he wasn't thinking that when he missed that putt.... :smile:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

That was awful to watch, what was it, two feet? And then, after throwing up on his shoes, he's in a playoff?
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I think that was in the playoff?
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

You're right, and then Faldo won it on the next hole with a 12-footer or so. I guess 33 years has moved the missed putt into regulation holes, and the Faldo win into the first playoff hole in my excuse for a mind :tongue: