LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

Re: LIV

Post by Jimbo »

For what it's worth, RBC, like every other Canadian bank changed it's name in order to gain more international recognition:
RBC was the Royal Bank of Canada
TD was the Toronto Dominion Ba k
CIBC was Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
BNS was The Bank of Nova Scotia

The the original goal of RBC was the development of young Canadian golfers (that's the Blue and yellow creat on the sleeve). To that extent I think you can agree that it's been pretty successful.
Dustin was the brought in to be the "Face" of RBC ( I wonder where Gretzky keeps his money?😉)

Anyway RBC can look at the LPGA as well (the LPGA will be looking for a new sponsor next year and (unlike the PGA) they aren't restricted to the Toronto area....this year's tournament is in Ottawa and next year's will be at Shaughnessy in Vancouver).

I'm sure that they will be reviewing their future at Harbour Town.

Anyway I was pissed at LIV last year for booking opposite the Canadian Open...this year looks better...as long as there are any "name" players left.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

BMO was Bank of Montreal. For some reason they didn't go with the obvious BOM :tongue:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Just testing you. :oop...and the LPGA is at Shaughnessy THIS year (just testing me).[/quote]

...for those of us out here...hopefully I'll be able to walk without the walker and will get some pictures including the incredible shots of Stanley Park and the city to the south and the North Shore Mountains .
Last edited by Jimbo on January 14th, 2023, 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

FOOOOORE! wrote: December 21st, 2022, 12:31 pm 16 LIV players will be invited to play the 2023 Masters tournament, as Augusta National chairman Fred Ridley has determined they are eligible to play. Should be fun times in April :tongue: Upon hearing this, surely there must be some PGA players thinking they could jump to the LIV and still play the 2023 Masters.
Ridley didn't "determine" that they were eligible. They met the entry qualifications, which haven't changed in recent years. Any present PGA member eligible to play has probably already received the invite.

If it were me (and it's not), I'd wait to see if liv gets a tv package and how things work out in the courts. Did they get a new CEO yet?
No matter where you go, there you are.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

It's going to be a very interesting year, with LIV losing some important staff before the season even starts. I'm sort of where Rahm is, with him saying he likes the results LIV has triggered in the PGA. That extra money was there all along, but would never have been made available without LIV's pressure.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

And McIlroy is concerned about Norman? How is this going to help towards a reconciliation between the PGA and LIV? Monahan is no better than Norman.

https://www.si.com/golf/news/pga-tour-l ... -be-banned
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Brendan Steele (world #34), Thomas Pieters and Danny Lee are joining LIV (after Steele, 10 weeks ago, saying he wasn't interested). These are in addition to Mito Pereira and Sebastián Muñoz a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brendan- ... acked-tour
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Qualified LIV players will be playing the Open this year, not a huge surprise really.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ra-151 ... -golf-2023
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

No real big names that LIV were hoping for though. Hopefully the ranking points decision can be reached soon.... :whistle:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duck Hook wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 3:33 am No real big names that LIV were hoping for though. Hopefully the ranking points decision can be reached soon.... :whistle:
Yeah, it looks like the big names have backed off, now the PGA is ponying up more money. People can talk all they want about "meritocracy", but like most other professions, it still comes down to money in the end. I do hope they sort out the OWGR points, but that may require a change of leadership on both sides because first they need to stop siccing lawyers on each other.