POINT ROBERTS

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

POINT ROBERTS

Post by Jimbo »

I don't know how many of you live in the Pacific Northwest (Canadian Southwest) but Google the Point Roberts area of Washington... you'll see what I mean. There has to be some kind of dispensation. A ferry to Seattle isn't the answer-their economic relationship with Canada is what keeps (kept) them alive.
Combine that with the fires from central BC down the coast to California and this is a major disaster and the fallout will affect the.all aspects of the economy. We have sent our emergency forces from Vancouver and even Mexico is expected to be sending aid...whether it's to little too late remains to be seen.
Meanwhile the Yukon is suffering from flooding...I'm guessing that Alaska is in trouble too. The northernmost part of Canada (the Nunavut Territory) is experiencing unseasonably warm temperature too.There's no doubt that a major disaster is in process-one that I have to think is mostly of our own making.
Apparantly the Point Roberts anomaly was never an issue when the 49th parallel was established as the western borderline.
Go figure...Canada missed the boat when it came to Alaska too...
I don't think I'm being political.